Author Topic: Pirelli “Fly into Summer” Promotion Free front Angel GT with purchase of a rear  (Read 34632 times)

Offline mntbiker-junkie

ftp:// I plan to also buy a set to try out but it says the C14 is not a valid selection when I go to the Pirelli site to determine the correct rear tire size.  Any suggestions?  Also looking for recommendations on where to buy the rear tire.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
149 left. 

So what's different about the Angel GT fitment?  Anyone?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline DGOLD

I went through the steps on the Pirelli home web site tire selection guide and it stated no tire for our bike.
They are the right size and are OE on the Ducati Multistrada 1200. I know of several people using the ST and these are replacing them. Should work?
1995 c10(gone), 2001 c10(passed on to son),
2010 c14(current mistress)

Offline Spanky

They will fit the C-14 perfectly. You need to order a 190/50-17 or a 190/55-17 back tire and the 120/70-17 front they send are the correct sizes.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
ftp:// I plan to also buy a set to try out but it says the C14 is not a valid selection when I go to the Pirelli site to determine the correct rear tire size.  Any suggestions?  Also looking for recommendations on where to buy the rear tire.

Competition Accessories was mentioned earlier as a source.

Offline PlaynInPeoria

Re: Pirelli “Fly into Summer” Promotion
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2013, 09:34:31 PM »
I have a set of Angel GTs on my C14 and LOVE them. Just ordered a rear for the FZ1 from Motorcycle Superstore and sent Pirelli a screenshot as proof of the order, I am #128. But it takes 2-4 weeks to get your front tire, ooof!

BTW, my rear GT is 190-55-17 and I'm not sure if the new tire is good or the old tire was toast but this sucker LEANS in quick now.  So confidence inspiring. 
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
I just don't get it. I was just on the phone with Pirelli Germany, who happen to be based in Munich where I live. They were explaining to me that, given the special conditions here (speed limit-free Autobahn) the tires are strictly regulated and manufacturers (both motorcycle and tires) are liable for the tires they specify for each bike. According to their tests, the Pirelli Angel ST was not good enough regarding comfort, hence the ST A that they released, specific for our bike. Now they are having the same issue with the Angel GT and that's why this one is still not approved for the C14. A new version of the front tire is being developed specifically for this bike. Some might remember the U version of the OEM tires that were released a year later after all the complains regarding odd wear patterns.
This is very frustrating. I explained the person that when I bought the bike with the original Bridgestones it was an appalling proposition to drive (the U version meaning just a marginal improvement), and the Angel ST just meant a day and night difference. Problem is, shops refuse to mount the tire if it's not approved, at least the big chains. My trusty mechanic couldn't care less and he would mount a car tire if I asked him to, but he's on holiday  :banghead:
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Conrad

94 left
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Email or mail your Proof of Purchase receipt along with your Claim ID #. Details on how to process your claim and proof of purchase will be emailed to you once you are registered.

Your Proof of Purchase receipt along with your Claim ID # must be received within 14 days of completion.

Where does the 'Claim ID#' come from?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
After you complete the form, they will send you an email with the claim id...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV

Offline Conrad

I assume that once everything has been verified to their satisfaction and they are ready to ship out the front tire that we'll find out how they are going to collect the $25 shipping cost?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Ok I'm in. Now I've got to buy a tire.  91 left

Offline TexMic

I submitted my claim yesterday. I ordered the rear online, submitted the claim on the Pirelli site, then replied to the Pirelli registration email with a PDF of the Approved email receipt from the online retailer. I just checked on the site this morning and the claim is approved.

Claim Number:  55
Claim Status:  P-O-P Validated
Your claim has been validated by HQ on 6/18/2013 and you are entered in the contest

I was just looking to get some tires, I've got 5700 miles on the stockers but they've still got some life left. Almost exclusive highway commuting.  :-[

There were 83 left when I checked, so you better get going if you want one.

Offline wroman

• 2012 C14
The 'A' spec is what Pirelli recommends for the C-14.
I always wanted to be somebody......I guess I should have been more specific.

Offline wroman

• 2012 C14
Ordered A spec 190/50 and receipt sent to Pirelli.  I wanted the A spec 55 but for this price it is not even issue.  Revzilla will not have the 55 in until next week and I am sure the free tires will be gone by then.  This was my choice in tire just waiting for A specs to come in.
I always wanted to be somebody......I guess I should have been more specific.

Offline Conrad

The 'A' spec is what Pirelli recommends for the C-14.

That's what my dealer ordered for me.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
I also. Dealer back ordered '55 A spec. No hurry. I'll get a receipt for Pirelli now and the tires later.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Yeah, my claim was validated too- #23.

The remaining number is down to 46. I think the word is out. :-)  At this rate these tires will be gone by the end of today.

Brian

I submitted my claim yesterday. I ordered the rear online, submitted the claim on the Pirelli site, then replied to the Pirelli registration email with a PDF of the Approved email receipt from the online retailer. I just checked on the site this morning and the claim is approved.

Claim Number:  55
Claim Status:  P-O-P Validated
Your claim has been validated by HQ on 6/18/2013 and you are entered in the contest

I was just looking to get some tires, I've got 5700 miles on the stockers but they've still got some life left. Almost exclusive highway commuting.  :-[

There were 83 left when I checked, so you better get going if you want one.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
I don't know, and it was not mentioned in the web page, at least not that I noticed. But I am quite confident they will find a way....  ;D  Probably through 'plastic money' just like almost everything now. It seems everything is available with a credit card, the 'Net (or phone) and through several shipping methods including overnight 'cause we don't like waiting for our toys necessary items. Like that Russian comic used to say 'What a country' but it really is true.

Brian

I assume that once everything has been verified to their satisfaction and they are ready to ship out the front tire that we'll find out how they are going to collect the $25 shipping cost?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com