Author Topic: Help with KDS  (Read 3028 times)

Offline gerdawg

Help with KDS
« on: August 01, 2022, 08:13:26 AM »
Would anyone be able to assist with KDS? I have v3 on the latest version of the software connected to a 2021 Concours. When I connect the 57001-1745 cable to the 57001-1725 black box and turn the ignition on, I am able to select the "smart option" it reads the bike as a 11-13' and I can see KiPass information and access menus.

When select the FI information it opens up the next page and everything is greyed out. This seems to occur with the bike both running and just in the on position. I'm not sure what troubleshooting I can do to resolve this as I can access the KiPass info.

Has anyone run into this before?

Offline Freddy

Re: Help with KDS
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 05:36:48 PM »
No.  Yours is the newest bike I've read of connected to KDS.  There could well be a newer version of the software since the -1802 about 4 years ago.

Ask your dealer to check with Kaw on the part number of the latest version.  If you're on good terms with them they should at least do that much for you.

I would - but they stopped importing these bikes to Australia 5 years ago, so it's not needed here by dealers even if there's an update, tho that has probly changed since the new H2 now here also has KIPASS, but slightly different hardware.
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline gerdawg

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 05:52:46 PM »
It’s weird because it didn’t say incorrect version like it did on the older release but it just sits on the screen. I guess the good news is my brother just bought a 22 h2 so having a newer version would come in handy. Does the h2 work with kds v3?

Offline Freddy

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2022, 06:18:45 PM »
I believe it's only the 2022 H2 SX SE that has KIPASS at this stage.  Whether it uses the same KDS kit/hardware I do not know - yet.  Get your brother to ask the question.

Maybe plug you KDS into it and see what you can see.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 07:46:11 PM by Freddy »

Offline gerdawg

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 07:52:29 AM »
Thanks Freddy, I planned on checking it out for him. I don't think his dealer is going to be much help. They don't seem very capable of anything having to do with KiPass. When I bought my 21 Concours from the dealer last year, they were completely oblivious to how KiPass worked. I have a few dealers that are local that might have a little more information. Far as I can tell 1802 is still the latest after scouring the internet for a long while trying to figure out what I needed.

I'll report back on what my KDS says on his bike when I'm able to get a look at it.

Offline Freddy

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 07:11:11 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline deepseamdv

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2022, 03:54:58 AM »
The lates version I’ve seen is V 3.1.4.0 (x64), Database V3.1.4.15 (EN). If I can find a newer version I’ll post it.
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1, Honda CB-650, 09C-14
El Mirage Record Holder A-BG 3000cc 11/83 184.049 mph

Offline deepseamdv

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2022, 05:49:38 AM »
The newest version is Version 3.1.4.22 KDS3 Database: Version 3.1.5.61  Trying to get it now. Will know in a few days. If you are a business you can register with Kawasaki as an independent then purchase a subscription to the KDS software.
https://www.ktisc.eu/k-tisc/legal/terms?back=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ktisc.eu%2Fk-tisc%2Fuser%2FcreateForm%3FexistingUser%3Dfalse%26inviteToken%3D%26prefill%3D%26termsAccepted%3Dtrue[/size].
BSA Gold Star, Norton Commando, Moto Guzzi V-7 Sport, Norton Commando, John Player Norton, BMW R90S, Kawasaki Z-1, Honda CB-650, 09C-14

Offline gerdawg

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2022, 09:46:49 AM »
Thanks deeps, this was helpful!

I'll give it a shot before giving up. Really appreciate it...now my only journey is to figure out how to get the update. Working in IT, I thought this would be easy but this whole process has ended up a bit more challenging then I expected. I really love the C14 and think I'll be on one for a good while, so I wanted to get my ducks in a row with it and have things well situated.

Offline deepseamdv

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2022, 10:13:32 PM »

This is directly from Kawasaki.
For 2020 model year and newer you will need the K-VCI system.

K-VCI tools are also available for independent repairers and only can be purchased via authorized dealers. Die Kawasaki-Händlersuche
Some additional cables and connectors are also necessary. A price request can be made to a authorized dealer.

Kawasaki introduced KVCS Lite – This is a version of KVCS software, but with less function ( e. g. no reprogramming) specifically for independent repairers.
The software is required to operate the tool.

Independent repairers will also need to purchase a subscription to K-TISC to download the necessary ‘KVCS Lite’ software.

Offline Freddy

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2022, 11:30:49 PM »
So that'll be the new diagnostic system for H2 bikes with KIPASS presumably.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2022, 06:04:09 AM »
Kawasaki introduced KVCS Lite – This is a version of KVCS software, but with less function ( e. g. no reprogramming) specifically for independent repairers.

What a crock.  So "independent repairers", presumably, wouldn't be able to program keys or tire pressure sensors, possibly the two most sought-out functions?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gerdawg

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2022, 06:09:53 AM »
What a crock.  So "independent repairers", presumably, wouldn't be able to program keys or tire pressure sensors, possibly the two most sought-out functions?

I can actually access the kipass features with kds. I can register a new active key, fob, TPS settings, register an FI to the bike.. register new steering lock mechanism and view kipass diag info but cannot view FI information. I had a feeling I needed to get the kvcs setup but was hoping not much changed. What's strange is the FI appears to be the same model# as 2016 bikes for replacement.

At this point I'll probably just sell the kds setup because I mostly wanted to view FI info. For kipass stuff I'll probably just clone some tpx chips as a passive backup.

Offline gerdawg

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2022, 06:11:34 AM »
Also really appreciate the info deep!!!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2022, 08:31:43 AM »
I can actually access the kipass features with kds. I can register a new active key, fob, TPS settings, register an FI to the bike.. register new steering lock mechanism

With KVCS Lite?  That was what I was commenting about...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gerdawg

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2022, 09:36:13 AM »
With the current KDS kit.

Offline deepseamdv

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2022, 07:45:09 PM »
KVCS-Lite will let you register FOBs and TPMS sensors. It will let you do everything the KDS3 did. What it won’t let you do that the full version (dealer only) is see and modify the ECU tables with factory updates.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2022, 03:52:42 PM »
KVCS-Lite will let you register FOBs and TPMS sensors. It will let you do everything the KDS3 did. What it won’t let you do that the full version (dealer only) is see and modify the ECU tables with factory updates.

Ah, OK.  Then it doesn't sound so horrible.

Offline Freddy

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2022, 05:30:12 PM »
Deep - where and when did you learn of this KVC stuff? 

Gerry - did you get to try KDS on the brother's bike yet?

Offline deepseamdv

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2022, 10:34:57 PM »
Direct from Kawasaki. 

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ihr Kawasaki Kundendienst Team

Prokurist
National Technical Servicemanager

Kawasaki Motors Europe N.V.
Niederlassung Deutschland / German Branch
Max-Planck-Straße 26   61381 Friedrichsdorf

Dear Mr. Cox,
The Kawasaki Diagnostic System (KDS3) is no longer available (since 2018) and the software will not be updated or supported for 2019 model year and on.
The final KDS3 software update was published 29 March 2018 and was available to download from the diagnostic section in K-TISC. This system is only for authorized dealers.
You may register as an independent repairer in order to purchase a subscription. You can check this here

Final KDS3 Software Update Details: KDS3 Program: Version 3.1.4.22 KDS3 Database: Version 3.1.5.61 .
We cannot provide this software version via Email.

The software is required to operate the tool.

Independent repairers will also need to purchase a subscription to K-TISC to download the necessary ‘KVCS Lite’ software.