Author Topic: New Kawa-Con owner from Sac.  (Read 1609 times)

Offline BetaBerg570

New Kawa-Con owner from Sac.
« on: December 17, 2022, 02:10:51 AM »
  I've actually had the bike for a few months now. It's an 18' Concours, had about 12,000 miles when I bought it. My previous touring bike was a 15' k1600 GTL. It was a fantastic bike but as it got up there in miles I started to get concerned about it's reliability. Didn't have any issues but parts and service for Beemers can get ridiculously expensive and I'm not that rich. So I decided to sell it and soon there after I found the Kawi.  The Concours is the closest thing I've ever owned to a sport bike. The motor is awesome. I've been a dirt biker my whole life and still am. I've got two Beta's
a 500 Dualsport and a 300 two stroke enduro, also have a KTM 1290R Adventure, up until about 10 yrs ago I never had an interest in street bikes but once you get past 50 you change. Now exploring America on a bike sounds like the perfect vacation.
   Back to the bike. I like the power but it can be better. I sent my ECU to Ivan's Performance to get re-flashed and Wow ! The difference is amazing. It's got more power everywhere but very smooth without any hurky jurky ness at slow speeds. Really a worth while mod.  One thing about this bike that I found out the hard way is the side cases aren't on there very well. I was going kinda fast through a 4 way intersection that had a hump in the middle of it and both side cases flew right off the bike. One of them was damaged beyond saving and the other is pretty dinged up so now I've got a pair of Rumbux soft panniers that are meant for my 1290 on there until I can find something else. If anyone has suggestions for replacement side cases that are reasonably priced I'd be very interested. Also looking at getting a top cases. So there's my long assed introduction, I'm very happy with the Concours and am looking forward to many amazing trips on it. Starting this weekend with a ride up the NorCal coast.
18' Concours , 17' KTM 1290R Adventure, 22' Beta 500rrs, 15' Beta 300rr re

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: New Kawa-Con owner from Sac.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 06:03:06 AM »
Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 06:35:10 AM »
Welcome  :chugbeer:  Beta!
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022, 10:52:16 AM »
Welcome aboard  ;D

The best sidebags for it are the OEM.
There are often sets on eBay and any year will fit but will be a different colour.
Once you get them, pin them through the front mount to prevent them coming off.
As for top cases, most fit Givi. A few vendors sell metal racks that you can bolt the Givi mounts to.
Mine has a Maxia 4 but then I rarely use the sidebags.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline dbird29

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2022, 02:07:14 PM »
Welcome!
The time to buy a McCruise is right now while Aussie dollars are discounted to USD.
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline FTB530

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2022, 08:01:08 PM »
If you buy more OEM side cases pin them, I tried to post pictures of how mine are done but it won’t allow me to on here for some reason, also I have seen pictures of people putting the bags on backwards actually and if you did that they won’t stay on very long.