Author Topic: Ivans reflash for the Concours 14  (Read 24322 times)

Offline twistyrider

Re: Ivans reflash for the Concours 14
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2021, 03:34:24 PM »
I drove my ECU to Ivan and he reflashed while I waited.  Great guy, immaculate shop, and awesome results.  Completely different engine character after the flash.  He's old school and so am I.  I appreciate someone who wants to talk man to man and not hide behind an array of electronic nonsense.  I'll be asking him to reflash again (which he does for free) as I'm installing a Delkevic de-cat header.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2021, 08:32:52 AM »
I'd like to hear what you think after the Delkevic.
Mebbe do a before and after a reflash?
ie; {Did it improve/change power band etc}

Ride safe, Ted

PS: I use Steve's Mountain Runner Premium with my OEM ZX-14 Header.
It made a big improvement over justa header install. 

Offline twistyrider

« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2021, 04:33:55 AM »
Hi, yes that's probably what I will do.  Get the Delkevic header installed and then ride it up to Ivan's and have him reflash the ECU again with his map for the Delkevic.  His dyno charts show quite a gain with the Delkevic, both horsepower and torque.  But he seems to think the stock header is pretty good and has a little better midrange.  I want the cat gone (and its heat) and I think it will flow better and make better sound as well.  Will post up when all this gets done.  Thanks!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2021, 05:39:36 AM »
But he seems to think the stock header is pretty good and has a little better midrange.

It does.  The C14 was designed for more lower range power than the ZX14 and the ZX14 more high-end power.

I want the cat gone (and its heat) and I think it will flow better and make better sound as well.

Sound- don't know.  But previous research postings showed essentially no change in performance with the cat removed.  Heat- some, probably.  The C14 doesn't have much of any issue with flow in the stock exhaust system (unless you are trying to give up lower-end power for higher-end power).

One thing you don't see on a dyno is the impressive throttle response after a reflash (since that is more of a time function).  But that is seen on the 1/4 mile.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc