Author Topic: What is the lowest temperature you have experience while outdoors?  (Read 2667 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What is the lowest temperature you have experience while outdoors?
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2021, 06:51:51 AM »
I shall continue to use generalise , apologise, organise, recognise, empathise, analyse, and all other -ises and -yses, since those are the correct spellings in English, the language used in England where English originated from.
Travelled has 2 L's, Manoeuvre has an O, Defence has a c, as does Offence, Licence, etc.
Colour has a U, as does Flavour, Labour, Neighbour, and of course Humour  :rotflmao:

If you choose to spell it differently in "simplified" American English, then that is of course your choice.  :deadhorse: :banana

Actually, I rather enjoy seeing the correct spellings once in awhile...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2021, 07:50:03 AM »
I shall continue to use generalise , apologise, organise, recognise, empathise, analyse, and all other -ises and -yses, since those are the correct spellings in English, the language used in England where English originated from.
Travelled has 2 L's, Manoeuvre has an O, Defence has a c, as does Offence, Licence, etc.
Colour has a U, as does Flavour, Labour, Neighbour, and of course Humour  :rotflmao:

If you choose to spell it differently in "simplified" American English, then that is of course your choice.  :deadhorse:  :banana

:rotflmao: :thumbs: :yikes:  :banana

Hi Boomer.
Amazingly; When I attached your note, Spell Check said that all the words you listed, are spelled wrong...  :facepalm:

Ride safe, Ted    :stirpot:

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2021, 08:44:35 AM »
Actually, I rather enjoy seeing the correct spellings once in awhile...
:thumbs: :chugbeer: :rotflmao:

Amazingly; When I attached your note, Spell Check said that all the words you listed, are spelled wrong...  :facepalm:

Now if I'd written them in French, they'd be seriously wrong.  :rotflmao:
Since I work in French & English I often write emails and documents in French (and occasionally other languages) so I have US English, UK English, FR French, CDN French, Dutch (Nederlands) and DE German spell checkers in Outlook and Word. Yes, it does get quite confusing sometimes.  :facepalm: :yikes: :nuts: :banghead: :rotflmao:
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK