Author Topic: Is nothing sacred? Jim Beam SOLD  (Read 1191 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Is nothing sacred? Jim Beam SOLD
« on: January 13, 2014, 04:16:47 PM »
This is going too far......http://www.courierpress.com/news/2014/jan/13/jim-beam-makers-mark-being-sold-japanese-company/

DEERFIELD, Ill. — Beam, the maker of Jim Beam and Maker's Mark bourbons along with other liquor brands, has agreed to be acquired by Japan's Suntory Holdings Ltd. for approximately $13.62 billion.

Shares of the spirits maker jumped in Monday premarket trading.

Suntory has a portfolio of spirits, with whiskies including Yamazaki and Hakushu as well as Midori liqueur and other beverages. It already distributes Beam's products in Japan. Beam distributes Suntory's products in Singapore and other Asian markets.

Suntory President and Chairman Nobutada Saji said in a statement that the acquisition will help Suntory further its global growth.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Is nothing sacred? Jim Beam SOLD
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 05:04:05 PM »
Smithfield sold to the Chinese.. :_shudder_Emoticon
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 06:34:45 PM »
So....our bourbon's going to Japan and our bacon's going to China. But by God we can by pot in Colorado.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 06:55:21 PM »
Jim Beam is rolling in his grave citing "that   :censored: ing  global economy!"
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine