Author Topic: Knock Off levers from Hong Kong.  (Read 14674 times)

Offline Vic Salisbury

Re: Knock Off levers from Hong Kong.
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 08:50:32 PM »
+1
got mine and they are pretty slick, better feel than stockers

Thanks for the heads up on these
Vic Salisbury
COG #3673
'97 Concours "Grinch"
Sarasota, FL

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 03:15:48 PM »
OMG !!! I guess I'll jump on the band wagon too...... :chugbeer:

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 05:03:51 PM »
Ron, I think you'll be surprised at the quality level.  I had them off the bike and the real Pazzo's from my sv 650 and compared the two.

I ended up making a mongrel set using the hong kong (egg foo yung brand???)  inside pieces that mount to the master cylinder and the pazzo lever sections.  These went on the concours. The pazzo insides and hong kong levers went on the 650.  The dimensions matched up within a few thousandths, so what the heck.   The originals may be a little smoother with regards to the adjustment lever. Plus, the Concours deserved the Pazzo logo more than the 650 did.

Offline Tele130

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2011, 12:12:46 PM »
I got the same colors and they arrived last week. Kinda fun because I forgot I had ordered them it was so long ago.  I guess I am getting old enough now  to wrap my own xmas gifts and still be surprised when I open them. :rotflmao: (You and me both brother  :chugbeer:)  I put mine on yesterday. They look very nice and feel great. No issues with installation.
Thanks Tele130 for sharing.

No problem.  Glad eveyone likes'm so far.  I just did my first long ride since getting my Connie (1,070 miles).  There's something about the blocked leading edge of the lever that just feels so comfortable.
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 10:18:41 PM »
I just ordered mine today.  ;)

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 11:00:48 PM »
I also got free shipping, too.
09 Connie

Offline mjrfd99

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2011, 08:31:30 AM »
The Busa guys have given them the thumbs up too

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2011, 09:24:43 PM »
I think I'll sell mine. The quality is fine, they work well. However, my banged up hands just fit better on the stockers. Let me know if anyone is interested in a full length model for the c14. Silver levers, black adjustor, and black inner section.

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2011, 04:14:58 PM »
I seemed to have found an issue with my  new Chinese clutch lever and I wanted to make sure it was not just me.
It seems there is not enough play left over and the master cylinder was holding the clutch open just enough to slip on hard throttle.
I put the old lever back in and it fixed the problem.
To fix this I will have to shave down (remove material) from the 2 flat surfaces, the stop and the flat part that contacts the switch.
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline Tele130

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2011, 04:46:37 PM »
I haven't noticed that problem. Could it be that my bike is still new (just turned 10k) and the switch on the clutch hasn't worn as much?  Than again, I really haven't ridden my Connie very hard. Did that on the ZRX  ;D. I'll take her out for a run and check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Doug Colton

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 05:07:38 PM »
You should always have a little inward play on the clutch lever before contacting the starting of the release of the clutch
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2011, 02:11:38 PM »
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!! Look at what I got today.  I'll go for a ride later to see if all is good.

Cheers
Ron
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 12:11:58 AM by sas mayhem »
09 Connie

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2011, 08:51:10 PM »
Well everything worked as advertised. No problem with the breake or clutch.  I like the feel on the adjustment range.  Well worth it.  :thumbs:

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2011, 07:20:02 AM »
I ground off almost a 1/16" off the stops surface on the new lever and I now have play on the clutch side just like the original lever has.
I don't know why mine is so different but I am glad I found the problem
Make sure you guys check yours out or you will burn out your clutch plates over time.

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 11:15:21 AM »
I seemed to have found an issue with my  new Chinese clutch lever and I wanted to make sure it was not just me.
It seems there is not enough play left over and the master cylinder was holding the clutch open just enough to slip on hard throttle.
I put the old lever back in and it fixed the problem.
To fix this I will have to shave down (remove material) from the 2 flat surfaces, the stop and the flat part that contacts the switch.

Mine is a C14

I had the same problem. Mine was the hole the pin fits in was too small for the pin and it kept some pressure on the clutch where it slipped at WOT.  I took mine to my work (a machine shop) and had one of the guys bore out and deepen the hole that the pin fits in.  I haven't tried it yet to see if that fixes the problem, but I will tonight after I put new brake pads on.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:26:31 PM by COGnosticat0r »
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2011, 01:10:24 PM »
I had the same problem. Mine was the hole the pin fits in was too small for the pin and it kept some pressure on the clutch where it slipped at WOT.  I took mine to my work (a machine shop) and had one of the guys bore out and deepen the hole that the pin fits in.  I haven't tried it yet to see if that fixes the problem, but I will tonight after I put new brake pads on.
I see you have  C14.
On a C10 the part with the pin hole is separate and did not come with the new lever. I used the one from the old lever.
So anyone reading this should be checking their new levers for these issues.

Offline Tele130

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2011, 09:46:21 AM »
I see you have  C14.
On a C10 the part with the pin hole is separate and did not come with the new lever. I used the one from the old lever.
So anyone reading this should be checking their new levers for these issues.

With these knock-off levers the feel on the clutch is exactly the same as the stock set-up.  Only differance is the feel of the lever.  Thanks for the heads up Mike :thumbs:.  I'll keep a closer eye on it.

Doug Colton

Offline Tele130

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2011, 09:50:28 AM »
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!! Look at what I got today.  I'll go for a ride later to see if all is good.

Cheers
Ron

You got fancy bags and everything.  Mine were just wraped in bubble wrap with tags and placed in the box. ;D

Doug Colton

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2011, 12:50:15 PM »

Mine is a C14

Well enlarging the hole didn't work and the clutch still slipped at WOT so I took of the chinese POS levers and back to stock.  Chalk this up to a learning experience.

Anybody want them for $30 shipped let me know.  Long, black with red adjusters
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:26:07 PM by COGnosticat0r »
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2011, 12:51:34 PM »
Well everything worked as advertised. No problem with the breake or clutch.  I like the feel on the adjustment range.  Well worth it.  :thumbs:

Cheers
Ron

Oops  mine is a C14

Did you let the bike get nice and warmed up and do a couple of WOT runs to make sure the clutch didn't slip
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:25:44 PM by COGnosticat0r »
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14