Author Topic: Travel cover  (Read 2158 times)

Offline Texanrider

• There's no excuse for what I am about to do...
Travel cover
« on: June 13, 2011, 10:58:35 PM »
I'll be going on a trip in a few weeks with a group of friends for 5 days. Wife and I will be staying at a different hotel at every city because we get a great discounted rate so I am thinking about purchasing a cover for the bike (c-10) for added safety overnight. I have a big mutazu trunk on the bike and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on what brand/size cover that would fit?

09 Boulevard C50
95 Kawasaki Concours

Offline zsiska

• Arena
Re: Travel cover
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 02:43:38 AM »
I am actually leaving Saturday for a week to the Smokies and surrounding.  I am taking the Vstrom and bought a half cover to be able to cover up my stereo equipment at night.  The one I bought for my Vstar fits it well, but I don't have a trunk. They make the same one I have for a Goldwing (or bikes with trunks) that would probably work well.  I will try to attach the links.  And I like the half cover when traveling because it takes up less room in my bags.
Here are a couple:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/13/117/36883/ITEM/Show-Chrome-Ultragard-Classic-Half-Cover.aspx

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/13/117/1470/ITEM/Western-Power-Sports-Day-Motorcycle-Cover.aspx

Offline Texanrider

• There's no excuse for what I am about to do...
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 07:11:26 AM »
Good looking covers indeed! Thanks for the links!
09 Boulevard C50
95 Kawasaki Concours

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 07:37:59 AM »
I usually don't worry about security other than locking the steering column.  Purely your choice.  Park in a nice location up front or ask the check-in staff if you can park under the front entry.  All the "valuables" come in at night.  I usually just lay a towel over the seat for dew.  Then just use it to wipe the bike off in the morning.  If I take a cover, it is the $20 X-large Walmart one.  However, if it rains, do you really want to deal with a wet cover and have to secure it to the bike somewhere and get your wife's stuff dirty?  I didn't think so.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington