Author Topic: Hearted Grips, Bonehead move  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Coomers

Hearted Grips, Bonehead move
« on: May 26, 2022, 06:31:04 PM »
Ok, I cant tell you how much of an Bonehead I am.

I had an 08 Conny with Murph's ProGrips and loved them. I now have an 18 Conny and find the grips very hard, I bet you know where I'm going with this.

So I ordered as set of Murph's ProGrips and then proceeded to cut the original grip off before realizing they are heated... Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!!!

Before I go to my Kawasaki Dealer with my tail between my legs has anyone come up with a good solution for a heated grip insert that will work well with Murph's Grips? I would really preferer the Murph's Grips but use the heated grips quite often.

Thank you for not laughing...

Offline dbird29

2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Hearted Grips, Bonehead move
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 07:04:13 PM »
I had an 08 Conny with Murph's ProGrips and loved them. I now have an 18 Conny and find the grips very hard, I bet you know where I'm going with this.   So I ordered as set of Murph's ProGrips and then proceeded to cut the original grip off before realizing they are heated... Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!!![...]

Thank you for not laughing...

More like horrified.

Yeah, just order some $15 (or something) grip puppies to slide over the stock grips once you repair them.  Done!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2022, 08:26:54 AM »
I wonder if you could use some snowmobile heaters?

https://www.denniskirk.com/sports-parts-inc/standard-length-high-power-grip-heater-sm-12474.p5903656.prd/5903656.sku
I have used items similar to those on several of my bikes, they worked fine except they did not have variable heat, just an on off switch.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline Coomers

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 11:52:04 AM »
Thanks Guys,

Not sure what I'm going to do yet but I do see a new Kawi Grip in my future.

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 12:00:54 PM »
I'd suggest tying into the factory wiring with an under-grip heater.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002OP5YDM/
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.