Author Topic: Phone mount?  (Read 5689 times)

Offline Oilman

• Live to Ride
Re: Phone mount?
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2023, 05:30:42 AM »
Has anyone found a good stem mount for the C14 yet? the 12 mm hex opening seems to be very difficult to find a good tight fit for. Especially because of the lip on the top of the nut. Can the top cover be replaces to widen the opening? That would create several new options for a stem mount. I have scoured the internet and  YouTube and found that most mounts are made for an opening of 13 mm with round holes not hex. I used a ram ball mount but after tightening a few times, the rubber grommet totally falls apart. It will not fall out, but it's not a solid super tight fit.
2011 C-14 ABS, 33,000 mi, Stock heated grips, Heated Corbin seat, Cee Bailey's windshield, Two Brothers carbon fiber M2. TPX Radar/Laser detector, TPX Laser Jammer w  front & rear transponders, Dunlop RS3's.

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2023, 12:24:05 PM »
I replaced one of the bolts holding the handlebar to the tree with a ram ball. https://amazon.com/gp/product/B005J43I56/
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2023, 04:51:58 PM »
Yeah, personally, I think the RAM ball mounted on something else is just much easier.  That is what I did- I bought risers that had a RAM ball on them.  Using the appropriate stuff, I can have my phone almost exactly in the center, even though the ball is on one side of one riser.  They hold surprisingly well.

Of course, since Google *RUINED* Android for motorcycle use last year by making the Android Auto app disappear (and what "replaces" it is useless), I don't bother mounting my phone anymore.  :(
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rexter

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2023, 08:43:43 PM »
I’ve got this thing that I no longer use. I cant remember the brand name. It mounts between the bars at the bolts closest to the tank. The stem goes into the bracket and the plate goes on the stem. You can mount a ball on the stem as well. Make me an offer shipped.

ETA: It will not work with wedges on the risers.