Author Topic: ...Murphs Bar Risers...?  (Read 3710 times)

Offline usttobee50

• She rides a Harley,and I thought I wanted a C-14
...Murphs Bar Risers...?
« on: June 22, 2011, 11:05:37 PM »
...I am using a set of Murphs risers, and while they help a lot, I still need more height and pull back. What brand of risers would accomplish this for me...? 8)
Ride Safe....Usttobee50
2005 Mean Streak, Pearl Magma Red
2011 C-14, Atomic Silver

Offline MrFurious

Re: ...Murphs Bar Risers...?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 11:21:11 PM »
The Heli risers are 2", and IIRC the Murph's are 1-3/4".  Both have an additional 3/4" pull back.  I just installed the Heli's on my bike today and it's a huge difference over stock, but can't tell you if they'd feel much different than the Murphs. 

Here's a photo comparing the Heli height to stock.

Heli should have a new kit out soon that raises the bars 3" and has adjustable pull back from 2-4".  It's pretty salty though at $695.
http://www.helibars.com/photo-gallery/coming-soon-multi-adjustable-helibars-handlebars-concours14

Jim B.
COG #9642
2009 C14 - Black - Non-ABS
Insanity is not as easy as I make it look!

Offline usttobee50

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 03:38:26 AM »
...Thank you MrFurious, don't know if 1/4" in height would help that much. I'm like you, the helibars Are Salty.....Maw Kaw should make different bars to accommadate different riders, well......maybe next year. Thanks again, I appreciate you help.  8)
Ride Safe....Usttobee50
2011 C-14, Atomic Silver

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 03:39:40 AM »
Seriously.......me thinks you might need to go back to cruisers full time. ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline usttobee50

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 03:48:45 AM »
Seriously.......me thinks you might need to go back to cruisers full time. ;)

Hah!......Just need longer arms.......LOL...But I still have my Meannie, and ride it often...Great Machine!
 :P  ???  8)
Ride Safe....Usttobee50
2011 C-14, Atomic Silver

Bob

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 05:00:32 AM »
Hah!......Just need longer arms.......LOL...But I still have my Meannie, and ride it often...Great Machine!
 :P  ???  8)

+1 Great machine

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 05:30:12 AM »
...I am using a set of Murphs risers, and while they help a lot, I still need more height and pull back. What brand of risers would accomplish this for me...? 8)

Lots of good info on the board.  Try looking at existing threads, too...  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=1463.0    (And it is all Comic-Sans free too! :) )
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MrFurious

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 06:30:55 AM »
Just boils down to what you find comfortable mainly.  Everybody is built differently and we all have our likes and dislikes when it comes to bike ergo's.  Between my bad lower back and an old hand injury the stock bar height made me miserable after 30-40 miles.  Before the hand injury I rode sport bikes exclusively and had no problem doing 300+ miles before I'd start getting sore, but I was also in my early 20's back then.  lol

Would be nice if the new kit Heli is working on would also have some adjustment in rise height like the Muzzy bar risers.  They use a series of three 1/4" spacers so you can choose your amount of rise.  Since their new kit will raise the bars 3" as-is, they could do a solid 2" block then have two additional 1/2" spacers so you could choose between 2". 2.5" and 3" of rise along with the 2-4" of additional pull back it offers for a truly customizable fit.
Jim B.
COG #9642
2009 C14 - Black - Non-ABS
Insanity is not as easy as I make it look!

Offline Deathwish

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 12:49:26 PM »
Has anyone looked in to the ConvertiBars? Was looking at them for my ZX12R at one point. Very nicely made and very adjustable. Not sure how they would fit on the C14, though.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 12:51:38 PM »
LSLs from Murphs.  I'm loving them!

Offline jonathan

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 08:53:25 AM »
Someone was using Convertibars.