Author Topic: L.E.D Daytime running lights.....  (Read 1692 times)

Offline sas mayhem

L.E.D Daytime running lights.....
« on: October 12, 2011, 06:04:16 AM »
I just purchased a set of LED DRL, and 'm going to mount them on my Murphs tipover bars.  Is there any preferred location to mount them on? IE. top bar topside or top bar underside? lower bar topside or lower bar bottom?  Other that it being a pain to drill the inside is there any thing else I need to think of? My lights are rectangular and thin.

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
Re: L.E.D Daytime running lights.....
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 09:32:58 AM »
I'd go with clamps rather than drilling the tip-over bars.  I got a set from JCWhitney for about $20.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 10:46:55 AM »
Not to knock JCW, but most boat stores/shops (and H-D) carry very nice billet clamps to choose from.  At least you can put it in your hand and look at it instead of buying a set by an online picture.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline jalthar

• Buddies Buzz
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 08:48:46 PM »
hello check this http://24x7diy.com/product_reviews_info.php/products_id/33/reviews_id/1

this can use as DRL in Day time and also use as Driving light in Night time
:)