Author Topic: Rear spline / Tire side not in pig  (Read 1730 times)

Offline sroby

• 06 Blue C-10
Rear spline / Tire side not in pig
« on: July 01, 2011, 03:47:56 AM »
Just want to be clear I am away from my manual, at work, but when I was farkling over the offseason, had my wheels powdercoated, put on my new Avons. I cleaned te crusty crap off of the spline gear attached to the inside of the wheel. I did not touch anything up on the drive/pig side of the diff. still attcahed to the bike. except I did change out the diff Fluid afterwards. I have put on about 500 miles no problems. My question is this   Was I suppose to have put some moly paste on the splines on the wheel side?   I thought I read a post that said you did not have to on the spline gear on the the wheel side.  If so can somebody correct me pls and give me the low down one last time, I got confused by the last post somebody put out there reference the drive shaft gear splins on the pig ,   This bike only has 3200 mile on it. Thx so much ahead of time. Regards Steve
no.1 Dale Singleton fan along with King Kenny Roberts/Fast Freddie Spencer/ Steve and Shoodabeen.    aka (connkawi)

Offline Strawboss

Re: Rear spline / Tire side not in pig
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 04:41:08 AM »
I grease everything, thats just me, but I guess if there was some on at least one side, you haven't done anything really wrong in my book as at least some lube was there.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Mettler1

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 06:10:43 AM »

+1 on what Strawboss said.
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline sroby

• 06 Blue C-10
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 05:27:23 PM »
Thx Fellas
no.1 Dale Singleton fan along with King Kenny Roberts/Fast Freddie Spencer/ Steve and Shoodabeen.    aka (connkawi)