Author Topic: new cupholder pretty trick  (Read 4981 times)

Offline dansidecar

new cupholder pretty trick
« on: August 28, 2014, 11:56:03 AM »
Ehh I tried the bicycle waterbottle thing but this has a factory install from ebay diamond plate cupholder $14 out the door buy the way I did plastic dip the harley mufflers with no probs
 8)

Offline dansidecar

Re: new cupholder pretty trick pics
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 12:00:00 PM »
Pics

Offline aib3rtm

Re: new cupholder pretty trick
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 01:53:29 AM »
Nice idea. simple yet functional.  About the mufflers, does the plastidip hold up to the heat??

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 01:59:01 PM »
Tough to reach while you're riding  ;D Maybe a really long straw?
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline dansidecar

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 12:45:55 PM »
Ehh I took it off because the smell was pretty bad. Used high heat krylon for barbecue black . Doing fine now with no smell

Offline HaChayalBoded

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 04:22:59 PM »
I had 4 on the bike at one point, yes 4. Don't ask.

This is a plain $.99 cup holder from any gas station, fits over the clutch reservoir, just put in two holes and zip tie it on. Have used this setup on mutliple bikes without an issue.

On the left is a standard handlebar mounted bicycle bottle cage. These are just a few bucks shipped on eBay, in the center is a handlebar mounted cup holder, the difference between a cup holder and a bottle cage is that the cup holder is tapered to accept cups. Must have for coffee. On the right I had an L bracket on the handlebar mounted mirror stem which had a Bell expandocage for large bottles. Note it's not pictured.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 05:17:47 PM »
^^ do you wear a lid and drink out of that cup?
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline HaChayalBoded

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 06:00:14 PM »
I have yes, a flip up lid. But 90% of the time it's to pick up and not necessarily to drink while riding. I'll take a sip or two at a red light though.

Offline dansidecar

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 05:44:50 PM »
Ehh I changed the location because the seat lock was there so I clamped it below the clutch res. way better and trick bent the stalk about 30 degrees by the way u got a lot of plumbing up front just like a nasa rocket ;D