Author Topic: Vintage spy camera  (Read 1955 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Vintage spy camera
« on: June 08, 2011, 11:33:14 PM »
My parents gave me another family camera.  I'm shooting with it as a project,  like the 1930's camera I shot the old "620mm" film pics with. This thing is from 1974, sweet, and spies used it to take pics of documents it is so razor tack sharp. The Russians copied it during the cold war, and the russion parts are interchangeable their copy is so good.

"The Minox name carries James Bond cachet and the Minox line has the honor of being the smallest production full-frame 35mm camera made."

And let spy cam project begins:

Speaking of project, to get that pic of the camera without flare, glare and brightness blowout I had to get the big guns out
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline snarf

• Arena
Re: Vintage spy camera
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 08:42:25 AM »
this is my super duper spy camera lol ::)

2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline brownja

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 10:37:59 AM »
Go to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minox

That's a mass market 35mm Minox. The spy cameras were a different animal altogether.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 07:26:06 PM »
Awesome.

hey this ole' 35mm from the 70's still works!  Here's a scan of a Walgreen's print I just got back

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine