Author Topic: No Transponder  (Read 2365 times)

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
No Transponder
« on: September 21, 2011, 08:43:35 PM »
Toward the end of my 5 mile ride at 12 mph on my flat front tire and bent wheel the dash interrupted the  Front Tire 0 psi message briefly to inform me my transponder was missing. Just what my frayed nerves needed. Defiantly, I took my left hand off the gyrating handle bar to reset the display. No doubt KIpass was punishing me for being a dolt and running over a rock.

Actually
I suspect the low RPM and high current  draw of the radiator fan dropped voltage low enough for KiPass to momentarily lose track of the fob.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline Conrad

Re: No Transponder
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 05:21:24 AM »
When it rains...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 05:42:15 AM »
Unfortunately, it seems a cloud is following him these days.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 06:04:04 AM »
Unfortunately, it seems a cloud is following him these days.
Not really bad luck, mostly my own fault.
Just too much time on my hands. One of the benefits of working I miss  now that I'm retired is it helped keep me out of trouble.

But the way I see it, if you never get into trouble you're not having enough fun  ;)
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 08:04:19 AM »
Not really bad luck, mostly my own fault.
Just too much time on my hands. One of the benefits of working I miss  now that I'm retired is it helped keep me out of trouble.

But the way I see it, if you never get into trouble you're not having enough fun  ;)

I do like the way you think. ;D No matter what happens life is still good. Can't say Ive ever heard of Kipass losing track of a fob. The only time I ever saw that message was when my FOB commited suicide and flung itself from my open jacket pocket.  :-\ I am now a bit more vigilant in securing the ever elusive FOB's. 8) Sorry to hear about your tire & wheel.
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 10:57:34 AM »
There were a couple times last fall when I got the no transponder message.  My fob was in the glove box and I guess there was interference from my phone.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.