Author Topic: FS - good 1994 ZG1000 engine 31,659 mi. in rolling frame $200 - FS  (Read 574 times)

Offline Stasch

I have a good 1994 ZG1000 engine with 31,659 miles, in a rolling frame for $200. I live in Grand Blanc, MI right off I75. You would have to come pick it up as shipping would probably be prohibitive.

This would be great for someone with an otherwise nice bike that may have hydrolock damage or other issues requiring engine replacement.

If this is your situation, this package is your huckleberry.

I picked up the entire bike in 2016. The owner said he never got it to run well. The carbs, airbox and related tubing were a bodged affair on multiple levels. Its no wonder it didn't ruin right. The J-Box was also iffy. So I decided to part the bike out.

I thought about keeping it as a spare but I already have a 2000 and 2003 C10. One of those also needs to go as I can't ride two of them along with everything else. These things just keep following me home . . . . .

The engine has decent compression. Both pairs of pistons successfully measured evenly on the hydrolock test.

The engine has:

- Carb boots on cylinder head
- Oil Cooler and pipes
- front and rear coolant manifolds (logs)

It would need the following from your blown or hydrolocked engine:

- Clutch Slave
- Alternator
- Carbs
- Radiator
- Exhaust Header
- Water Pump
- Starter
- Airbox
- Shift lever assembly

The rolling frame basically a crude holder for the engine and not much more:

- No upper triple tree.
- Has Side Stand and Center Stand
- handlebars are OEM with no grips or other controls.
- forks are from a 2002 with some minor pitting that would probably interface with fork seals.
(which is why they were replaced on another bike)
- No brakes front or rear or controls.
- No foot pegs or brackets.
- No speedo drive gear - front wheel can slide back and forth on the axle about 1.5 inches.
- front wheel is a bent at the rim with a worn tire.
- Rear wheel has a bald tire with rotor. No drive gear to interface with the pumpkin.
- No rear shock - just a wood strut to hold things together.
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline Stasch

Re: FS - good 1994 ZG1000 engine 31,659 mi. in rolling frame $200 - FS
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2023, 06:28:50 AM »
One more pic:
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1