Author Topic: Throttlemeister with heated grips?  (Read 3324 times)

Offline mopdog

Throttlemeister with heated grips?
« on: August 02, 2014, 09:43:54 PM »
Will the throttlemeister bar ends work on my 13? Anyone use them.....thoughts?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Throttlemeister with heated grips?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 11:02:58 PM »
Will the throttlemeister bar ends work on my 13? Anyone use them.....thoughts?

10/11/12/13/14 are all Gen2 and essentially identical

The search function is your friend

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=5122
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=10133
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=1098
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 08:07:43 AM »
Yes, to your question. Just roll back (carefully) the rubber from the heater base, and slide the throttlemeister
stop (don't remember the correct name) in place, roll back, and your good to go..
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline Buzzard63

• 2008 C14
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 09:15:53 AM »
Don't know if this really applies, but it might help someone. I just installed a Throttlemeister on a 1st gen with Oxford heated grips. The friction ring/sleeve that is to be slid between the RH grip and throttle tube hit a very hard part of the Oxford grip, would not go in further. I shortened the sleeve with a pair of scissors, put just a touch of silicone grease on the sleeve, and it went right on. The Throttlemeister seems to work fine.
Anything with two wheels and a motor is good.

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 10:39:29 AM »
This was the first mod I did on my 2011. Has heated grips.
Works perfectly...no problem. Looks good, too.

Mine are the black ends, and they have a fine red line around them...looks nice.
Quality piece.
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline OregonLAN

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 08:58:02 AM »
When you're adjusting the Throttlemeister's friction, do so while bike is running and the grips are on. The grips expand slightly when they are hot, so you want to account for the expansion when determining which/how many washers you need to use.

On a side note, I have a Throttlemeister installed on AME grips. I had to roll back the grip and bit and carefully use an X-Acto knife to separate the vulcanized rubber from the heating element. The Throttlemeister friction ring was a bit too small, so I also had to heat it up with a heat gun.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 07:31:41 AM »
2014 Black
Yes they work fine. Didn't use the sleeve just installed the bar ends adjusted the washer-spacer count and all is good. 3500km since installed with no issues. Not sure if there will be issues with the tube or not, I guess I'll find out in time. Might have taken 20min to change the bar ends.