Author Topic: New [projector] headlights retrofit  (Read 40065 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: New headlights retrofit
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2013, 04:51:59 PM »

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2014, 10:08:04 AM »
BUUUUUUMMMMPPPPPPPP (Don't hate Jim, I used the search function, found the exact thread I was looking for)

Only problem is the photos are gone... :(  Any way you can re-link the photos brian?  I've got my Mini H1's coming in soon and need it to be a fairly fast swap because it's my DD...
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2014, 12:25:47 PM »
Just got in and saw this- give me a day or so and I will give it a try. Photobucket and I are not quite on the same playing field lately :-(

Brian

BUUUUUUMMMMPPPPPPPP (Don't hate Jim, I used the search function, found the exact thread I was looking for)

Only problem is the photos are gone... :(  Any way you can re-link the photos brian?  I've got my Mini H1's coming in soon and need it to be a fairly fast swap because it's my DD...
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2014, 12:39:57 PM »
Just got in and saw this- give me a day or so and I will give it a try. Photobucket and I are not quite on the same playing field lately :-(

Brian

I don't think Photobucket is on the same paying field as ANYBODY...  They've gone off the deep end... lol

Thanks a bunch for doing that Brian!
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2014, 11:13:37 PM »

Jim (and many others, including me) will applaud you for finding and resurrecting a relevant thread rather than just creating yet another one.  You did the right thing.

Unfortunately that is because most people are linking photos from "cloud" stuff rather than uploading them to the Forums.  That is why I always upload- they will never get removed (unless SMF goes barf or something).  It is more work (in some cases), but worth it on valuable reference threads.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline luxx

« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2015, 07:33:29 AM »
Has anyone actually purchased http://eshop.ktautopart.com/motorcycle-custom-headlights/kawasaki-custom-headlight-assembly/kawasaki-concours-14-custom-headlight-assembly/kawasaki-concours-14-1400gtr-custom-headlight-2008-2012.html?

I have seen someone with a black C-14 that has them installed -at least it really looked like these - with the side led strip LED option and black housing interior - which is what got me thinking that this was not a one-off custom job that someone did in the garage.  Saw him on the HOV - we were both doing like 90 so I couldn't stop and talk lol.

I'm wondering on the clear polycarbonate lens - is it OEM (like) or just some crap PCIM (polycarbonate injected mold) nowhere near as thick or durable as OEM and if the housing is similar to OEM as well - water sealed etc - or if its just crap that looks OEM.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2015, 04:07:41 PM »
I'm wondering on the clear polycarbonate lens - is it OEM (like) or just some crap PCIM (polycarbonate injected mold) nowhere near as thick or durable as OEM and if the housing is similar to OEM as well - water sealed etc - or if its just crap that looks OEM.

Yeah, aftermarket headlight assembly scares me... that is a LOT of money and work for something to go wrong after :(
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: New [projector] headlights retrofit
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2015, 08:43:04 AM »
I looked at the web site and noticed their poor usage of English grammar...got me to looking at where they are out of...China.  Not that there's anything wrong with that but to me having a web site with poor English grammar may be indicative of poor quality on the product.  But hey, it could be that they're ok.   They just don't translate Engrish very well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jonathan

« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2015, 11:36:32 AM »
Ummm have you looked at the C14 manual?

Offline mikeeitup

« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2015, 09:10:50 PM »
Has anyone actually purchased http://eshop.ktautopart.com/motorcycle-custom-headlights/kawasaki-custom-headlight-assembly/kawasaki-concours-14-custom-headlight-assembly/kawasaki-concours-14-1400gtr-custom-headlight-2008-2012.html?

I love the look of these but they are outta their mind if they are gonna get 750 bucks outta me for the way I like it. That's nuts!!! I would think 450 is the fair price range for something like this for heavens sake!
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2015, 02:19:05 AM »
I love the look of these but they are outta their mind if they are gonna get 750 bucks outta me for the way I like it. That's nuts!!! I would think 450 is the fair price range for something like this for heavens sake!

the original headlight housing from Kawa costs around 500 USD and the Chinese version 300. Not including even the H4 bulbs. So 750 for something that they will probably sell 10 of them in the whole planet? I don't know why they even bothered...
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2015, 04:01:33 AM »
Ummm have you looked at the C14 manual?

Just about every day...and yes, I know.  There's exceptions to every rule.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.