Author Topic: Throttle Tamer and decreasing rotation to full throttle  (Read 2091 times)

Offline AlanS

Throttle Tamer and decreasing rotation to full throttle
« on: July 27, 2014, 09:07:54 AM »
I have been considering adding a Throttle Tamer to my '12.
Have adjusted my cables to remove what I felt was to much free play in the throttle from the factory.
But still low speed roll on sucks, and even shifting at low speeds and low throttle position seems hesitant from a return to throttle stand point.
I have searched and read the threads on the tamer and snatch.
Interested in possibly using one of the cams that decrease rotation to full throttle.
Would like opinions from riders that have gone to the 025 and or the 050 cam.
Do these cams also seem to remove the throttle snatch?
Will the 050 10% cam allow for full throttle without hand repositioning?
TIA
Alan
Don't Panic!
'08 Suzuki DR650SE Mootzimo
'09 Honda GL1800Navi/XM HAFACAR
'12 Kawasaki ZG1400 Concours

Offline JS_racer

Re: Throttle Tamer and decreasing rotation to full throttle
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 05:24:09 AM »
But still low speed roll on sucks, and even shifting at low speeds and low throttle position seems hesitant from a return to throttle stand point.
TIA
Alan

guhl reflash will work perfect for that!!!  :)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 07:28:02 AM »
I have both a Throttle Tamer and a Ghul re-flash and I'm very happy with the combination. Same throttle rotation for idle to WOT. No repositioning but but I get better control with roll on out of a turn. And the Ghul just gives better low end response.

Offline AlanS

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 06:26:43 PM »
guhl reflash will work perfect for that!!!

JS_racer, have read most of the posts on this topic, seems like the flash is preferred to removing the flies and using a power commander. I am considering doing this but it will more that likely be over the Winter months.

Same throttle rotation for idle to WOT. No repositioning

Rhino, does this mean that the tamer still has the same rotation to fully open as the stock tube, I can not go from idle to WFO without a slight reposition of my hand on the throttle. Could only do it if I started with my hand rolled way up high on the throttle. This would be fine on say a drag bike, but I do not want to have to move my hand around on the throttle to cover the whole range. Was also looking at the 10 or 20% size increase with a different cam.
Don't Panic!
'08 Suzuki DR650SE Mootzimo
'09 Honda GL1800Navi/XM HAFACAR
'12 Kawasaki ZG1400 Concours

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 08:04:59 PM »
does this mean that the tamer still has the same rotation to fully open as the stock tube

Yes.  The travel is the same on the default profile of the Tamer.... only the rate changes (it initially opens slower than stock, then progressively makes up for it being faster than stock).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Smokeyzx

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 08:10:09 PM »
I have tried the 25, 50, and 100 cams but like the 100 the best. I don't have to reposition my hand to go WOT.
Colorado
2013 Blue