Author Topic: Thorn between Arabian red or Black C14.  (Read 15168 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: Thorn between Arabian red or Black C14.
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 11:46:09 AM »
The red one dealer agreed to match the price after some hard, very fast negociation >:(, He even give a very good discount on the farkles i asked for. So I'm a new, proud owner of the Hotest C14, a brand new Arabian Red 2012, with Sliders, the bigest Cee-Baileys, and the Kawa GPS bracket for my Nuvi gps. And i have an undeletable grin already!  ;D Pics to come as soon as it get in my drive-way. Thanks guys!

Congratulation!!! Enjoy!!

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 11:54:32 AM »
congrats on the new ride.....that smile/grin will never go away!
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 12:37:10 PM »
Sweet, you will enjoy the bike no matter the color.

Offline Spanky

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 01:33:35 PM »
Congrats!

Offline Yves

• Sexy, 2012
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 02:28:28 PM »
Thanks guys, you are making me feel welcome! 
Rationality have no place around bikes.

Offline daveyboy

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 06:39:55 PM »
Funny--I was in the exact opposite predicatment.

I could have easily saved $1000 if I bought the Arabian Red--but it really didn't do anything for me so I had to have the black.

I actually have a love/hate with black.  It looks soooooo good when it is clean, but it is never clean.

I will NEVER own another black car.  But in this case, I had no real choice.  Too bad there wasn't at third color available... like white.
My Kawasakis:
2012 Concours
2003 Z1000
1970 G4TR 100 Trail Boss

Offline udoggie

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 08:38:25 PM »
Gratz!

Prepare to be awed.   8) 8)

Jeff
Aloha, OR.

Offline tonedeaf

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 08:41:09 PM »
FWIW, I'm not partial to either color, but if those were my only two choices I would choose the red, so much easier to keep clean looking.  Either way, you will be ending up with a slower then Silverdammit bike ;D
But, if you are buying with the intent of selling down the road, the slow black bike would be my choice ;)

Geez, when there was only black and silver it was easy -- silverdammit --proven faster in carefully controlled, unbiased testing (honest).
Now you have to decide and hope you only get the second fastest one and not the third....

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 08:59:52 PM »
I would choose the dark red/burgundy color.  It is really quite a nice color, and unusual too.  Black is available every year and is pretty boring and impossible to keep clean.

Of course, you will love the Concours regardless of the color...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 09:03:20 PM »
Geez, when there was only black and silver it was easy -- silverdammit --proven faster in carefully controlled, unbiased testing (honest).

Ah, but "silverdammit" (("Neutron Silver") was not silver, it was a shiny baby blue.  The C-14 was available in silver only one year... and that was 2011, and I have one  :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Makz58

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 11:46:38 PM »
Congrats on the new bike love the Arabian red color very unique. Get it out in the sunshine and it looks even better.
When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2013, 04:01:14 AM »
Max, Max, Max, you poor mis-guided rider.  Our silver is the one that rules them all, regardless of tint.... ;)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2013, 04:41:25 AM »
The red one dealer agreed to match the price after some hard, very fast negociation >:(, He even give a very good discount on the farkles i asked for. So I'm a new, proud owner of the Hotest C14, a brand new Arabian Red 2012, with Sliders, the bigest Cee-Baileys, and the Kawa GPS bracket for my Nuvi gps. And i have an undeletable grin already!  ;D Pics to come as soon as it get in my drive-way. Thanks guys!

Congrats and well done! Which sliders?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2013, 05:58:40 AM »
Congrats.  Great color.

Offline connie1

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 09:55:02 AM »
Congrats.  No matter the colour....it's a Concours!
Personally I think the Arabian red is beautiful and classy.
Black is sorta humdrum 'cause ther's so many black bikes out there. Hope nobody takes offence to that comment.  I have a black Ford F350 4 door.... so does half the population up here in oil country.  Have to make sure I'm getting into the right one in the parking lot.  (and they all look dirty)

Have fun.  Don't try to get the grin off your face.  It's permanent.

Man do I love this bike! Red '09

Offline Makz58

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 10:42:12 AM »
Max, Max, Max, you poor mis-guided rider.  Our silver is the one that rules them all, regardless of tint.... ;)
Hey Jim I like the Silver dammit to......would even take black if there were no other color options. ;D ;D LOL.
When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010

Offline Conrad

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 11:19:46 AM »
Ah, but "silverdammit" (("Neutron Silver") was not silver, it was a shiny baby blue.  The C-14 was available in silver only one year... and that was 2011, and I have one  :)

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Translated, the words mean:

One Silverdammit to rule them all, one Silverdammit to find them,
One Silverdammit to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2013, 03:03:46 PM »
Atomic Silver is my precious...

Oh, and with this freaky nor'easter storm rolling through right now, I hope my precious doesn't get blown over.

Offline Yves

• Sexy, 2012
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2013, 03:15:55 PM »
Congrats and well done! Which sliders?

Looks like those:
The dealer keep calling it pok or pock sliders. Do you know them? I never dropped a bike and my sexy red C14 will never drop neither, it,s just for the look! 8)
Rationality have no place around bikes.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2013, 03:47:29 PM »
Looks like those:
The dealer keep calling it pok or pock sliders. Do you know them? I never dropped a bike and my sexy red C14 will never drop neither, it,s just for the look! 8)
:yikes: He said it out loud!