Author Topic: POP goes the gasket?  (Read 5956 times)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
Re: POP goes the gasket?
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
I wonder what this 'juice box' is. I wonder if it is a PC5 or something of that sort that lets you defeat the rev limiter, which ultimately killed the engine.

Juice box is just the Two Brothers version of a fuel tuner.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline gonzosc1

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 02:39:05 PM »
BTW, I've never heard of a head gasket referred to as a head cover gasket.  Is that what they told you, or are you just paraphrasing what they said?

BTW, replacing a head gasket is not a simple task on these bikes.  I'd be curious as to how many hours of labor they charged to the warranty.  You should have a receipt that details everything they did, including labor.

I would think that the whole engine would have to come out for a head gasket. makes no sense to just throw another gasket on there with the engine still in the bike.  they need to check out what the cause is, not just stick another gasket on it.
if its warranty work request a new engine cause if you have  blown 2 head gaskets a 3rd is in your future if they don't pull the motor and do the proper repairs.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2012, 04:35:25 PM »
Its about time we hear of a Connie with a true problem, these threads re so far between. 

My Connie popped a high beam light when I was in the Rockies. I stopped at a NAPA store and replaced it, but you can bet yer arse i realized it was time to replace the FOB battery too
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Breaker19

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2012, 05:01:52 PM »
Its about time we hear of a Connie with a true problem, these threads re so far between. 

My Connie popped a high beam light when I was in the Rockies. I stopped at a NAPA store and replaced it, but you can bet yer arse i realized it was time to replace the FOB battery too

I keep two new fob batteries under the seat with the tools. Just in case.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2012, 05:45:01 PM »
No need.  It works without batteries.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 12:54:08 PM »
Mine has never needed batteries either and it POPS quite regularly.

;)