Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 889389 times)

Offline Fairfax

• 2009 Concours 14 Candy Diamond Red
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #2560 on: November 14, 2016, 08:11:29 PM »
Today I installed a RAM mount for my iPhone so I can use it as navigation. The ram mount model is RAM-B-231ZU Handlebar Rail Mount but mounted on the left clutch hose bracket using only one of the holes and the RAM-HOL-AP18U RAM Model Specific Form-Fitted Cradle for the Apple iPhone 6. I am able to use the key with the phone in place and also the information screen buttons and the phone does not block any of the meters or the info screen and it is well protected from wind. You can see the 1" ball mount on the bottom left.

Offline feelergaugephil

« Reply #2561 on: November 19, 2016, 04:41:19 PM »
Sold it,,,,  awaiting March to buy a newer one,,, yay.
Dont take my LOW post count as being a new Connie owner, I have been with the "other site" before it imploded........

13 Connie dressed in blue

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2562 on: November 19, 2016, 04:44:24 PM »
March is a long ways off.  :(

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #2563 on: November 21, 2016, 07:40:45 AM »
Rode it Saturday.

Away on Sunday, came out to find it covered in 8" of snow this morning...    :(

As usual, I succumbed to hope, thinking i'd get another day at least to ride it.

Gotta get it denned up for the winter asap.

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline ljcorby

• COG#: 9359
« Reply #2564 on: November 21, 2016, 07:42:07 AM »
Removed the Garmin Zumo 660 mount and installed the Zumo 595LM mount on the bike, got ready to ride and the snow started to fall.   :o
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #2565 on: November 21, 2016, 10:04:53 AM »
Why the switch?
Wayne

Removed the Garmin Zumo 660 mount and installed the Zumo 595LM mount on the bike, got ready to ride and the snow started to fall.   :o
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline ljcorby

« Reply #2566 on: November 21, 2016, 02:35:27 PM »
Why the switch?
Wayne

Started having issues with the zumo 660 and also wanted to use some of the new features of the Zumo 595...expensive yes, but Garmin did a deal with me and gave me quite a bit off the 595 if I sent them back my 660.  I saved about $200.
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2567 on: November 22, 2016, 03:17:18 PM »

Put the 660 back on and the snow might stop..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ljcorby

« Reply #2568 on: November 23, 2016, 08:03:50 AM »
Yeah wishful thinking.  However, the snow has stopped...only got an inch or two.
10 Kawi Concours 14 ABS

Offline PaydayGabe

• Winston Wolf wanna-be.
« Reply #2569 on: November 23, 2016, 03:57:11 PM »
Afternoon members , I think this is my first post.?  On several different forums and I'm losing track. Lol.  Anyway,  picked up this beauty/beast  last weekend.  09 C14 19.2k miles. Great condition. I'm  thrilled  ;D. Unfortunately,  I don't have the luxury of a garage,  and she's too big to bring in the apartment.  Was parked in my spot, afternoon sun was shining directly on the instrument cluster.  When to depart for work,  and the display was kinda faded out. Couldn't see anything.  As i got closer to the job the display slowly reappeared.  I'm guessing it was overheated.  Has anyone else experienced this anomaly?   And can there be long term  damage?
Thanks for any and all replies.   PaydayGabe in Vegas 😎
2009 gen-1  w/ farkles.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2570 on: November 23, 2016, 04:20:16 PM »
Welcome to the forum. LCD fade in the sun is normal. Should be no lasting problems. Throw a towel over the dash if it's left in the sun.

Offline PaydayGabe

• Winston Wolf wanna-be.
« Reply #2571 on: November 26, 2016, 12:03:39 PM »
Morning,  nothing today, gotta go to work.   Yesterday I did an experiment.  My son was the guinea pig.   He's  5'11" about 190#.  I'm 6'3",  200#.
  As many have complained about the seat and rear peg position,  thought we would take a ride. Weather was nice so why not.
   Although not a long trip,  it was enough to get a general idea(90mile).   My thoughts,  , the stock seat felt fine.  No hot spots , no fidgeting , reasonably comfortable.  I know I'm gonna add risers soon and drop the fwd pegs.
    His take.  " This thing is as comfortable as the goldwing and Vstrom,  I  didn't feel cramped , and the seat was fine.  A back rest would be nice though,  and Sick fast. Plenty of room for the both of us ".
   That being said,   , two thumbs up.    G.in V.
2009 gen-1  w/ farkles.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2572 on: November 26, 2016, 04:51:45 PM »
Morning,  nothing today, gotta go to work.   Yesterday I did an experiment.

You probably didn't realize it, but you didn't actually say what the experiment was.  I surmise it was "riding two up with you being the driver and your son as the passenger"?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #2573 on: November 26, 2016, 05:21:02 PM »
Off today, and it was 70 degrees out, so went for a back roads ride.  Still can't get over how great the C14 is.  Accelerates like crazy, and cruises at legal speeds so smoothly.  Been wanting a new BMW R1200RS, but would have to let go of the C14.  Just can't see that happening, though the RS is a superb ST mount. 

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving , and has a wonderful week ahead, whether it is snowing or in the 70's, like here.  tomp   dd50

Ain't it sweet??? 

Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline PaydayGabe

• Winston Wolf wanna-be.
« Reply #2574 on: November 26, 2016, 09:44:09 PM »
Hey Max ,  , correct.  It was a test ride to evaluate the seat and passenger ergo's  . No complaints from the son. He enjoyed it,  although it was a short trip.   G.
2009 gen-1  w/ farkles.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2575 on: November 27, 2016, 05:49:42 AM »
Hey Max ,  , correct.  It was a test ride to evaluate the seat and passenger ergo's  . No complaints from the son. He enjoyed it,  although it was a short trip.   G.

Do you plan on 2-upping sometimes?  I can't, since my legs are so short, I can barely keep the bike upright with just myself (and, thus, also put a storage pod where the passenger seat is).  It seems like it would be fun.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2576 on: November 27, 2016, 10:23:04 AM »
Rode down to Southside VA and back.  Toured Mecklenburg county.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #2577 on: November 28, 2016, 01:40:17 AM »
Rode it like I stole it...to work that is!!  ;D Sigh...come December!!  8)

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #2578 on: November 28, 2016, 07:53:20 AM »
Off today, and it was 70 degrees out, so went for a back roads ride.  Still can't get over how great the C14 is.  Accelerates like crazy, and cruises at legal speeds so smoothly.  Been wanting a new BMW R1200RS, but would have to let go of the C14.  Just can't see that happening, though the RS is a superb ST mount. 

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving , and has a wonderful week ahead, whether it is snowing or in the 70's, like here.  tomp   dd50

Ain't it sweet??? 

That's a pretty bike but doesn't make near the HP the C14 does.

I rode a demo S1000XR a while back and it felt gutless down low compared to my SISF reflashed C14. It didn't have a lot of miles and was ECU rev-limited to 9k. When it hit 7k, it was a beast but was quite the pooch below that, IMO. Maybe it was all that ECU software intruding but this was straight up and down on hot asphalt.  Also, there was no indication on the dash of traction control.  The salesman asked me how I wanted it set up before I took off and I said, "Turn it all off".  He looked at me funny but I rode up on a C14 with a pipe and was wearing full leather. He just shook his head and set it up and turned me loose.
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline tomp

« Reply #2579 on: November 28, 2016, 08:12:18 AM »
I've read and heard similar things about the S1000XR too.  The boxer twins have lots of torque throughout the rev range.  Have had four, the last being an R1200R.  It was a ball, up to 100 MPH, but wind blast took away the fun after that.  The RS costs $3K more than a new C14, and I don't think my retirement funds will allow me such extravagance now.  Glad I have the C14, but still need Steve's flash though, to open up the low/mid areas...  tp
Living in the Texas Coast...