Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 889636 times)

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #2180 on: May 28, 2016, 07:01:17 AM »
And now back to our main topic....

I installed a new set of PR4GT's on my bike yesterday, and an oil change. I used Rotella T6 and a Bosch filter. Is that a good oil to use? (haha) Getting it ready for my summer road trip next month.

Works for me. . .

:popcorn:
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2181 on: May 28, 2016, 07:07:55 AM »
I used Rotella T6 and a Bosch filter. Is that a good oil to use?

Oil thread!!!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #2182 on: May 28, 2016, 07:10:42 AM »
Fitted new battery to bike and transponder and took for its first  MOT then washed ready for our annual meet next weekend

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2183 on: May 28, 2016, 07:41:08 AM »
Fitted new battery to bike and transponder and took for its first  MOT

What is a "MOT" ?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #2184 on: May 28, 2016, 11:33:59 AM »
What is a "MOT" ?

When a bike is 3 years old it requires to have an MOT (Minstry Of Transport) Test Certificate. This is an examination to ensure the vehicle is in a safe roadworthy condition and complies with the relevant construction and use regulations applicable to that type model and year of vehicle.  This becomes renewable on the 12 month anniversary of the test till the day the vehicle is scraped or declared no longer on the road

Check out .............

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/motorcycle-parts-checked-at-an-mot/motorcycle-parts-checked-at-an-mot

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2185 on: May 28, 2016, 01:09:32 PM »
When a bike is 3 years old it requires to have an MOT (Minstry Of Transport) Test Certificate. This is an examination to ensure the vehicle is in a safe roadworthy condition and complies with the relevant construction and use regulations applicable to that type model and year of vehicle. 

Oh, OK.  So it is similar to [but probably more rigorous than] our annual state motor vehicle inspections. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_inspection_in_the_United_States
http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Safety.shtm

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #2186 on: May 28, 2016, 01:53:37 PM »
And now back to our main topic....

I installed a new set of PR4GT's on my bike yesterday, and an oil change. I used Rotella T6 and a Bosch filter. Is that a good oil to use? (haha) Getting it ready for my summer road trip next month.

Everybody knows the oil is fine, but I'm not a fan of Bosch filters... or Purolator filters for that matter.  All made on the same Purolator lines using the same bypass valve design, which is what I don't like.  I ran a Bosch DistancePlus on my last bike for a few thousand miles (with Rotella T6) but changed to the Mobil1 and Fram XG filters after a filter surgery project; http://www.tiger-explorer.com/index.php/topic,10005.0.html (if interested).

Filter thread!!!!?

For my part, I reinstalled my ECU with the Shoodaben flash and will test it tomorrow.  I also admired and fondled Nicole's honkers; they are much BIGGER than stock - and there's TWO of them!. (I was tempted to say 'your', but it just felt strange).
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2187 on: May 28, 2016, 02:50:10 PM »
Rode it.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #2188 on: May 28, 2016, 04:29:30 PM »
Rode it.

Same here.  Feels like a sprightly 600 compared to the K16

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2189 on: May 28, 2016, 05:10:45 PM »
Old barge comes to mind....  :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2190 on: May 28, 2016, 06:38:19 PM »
Are we still talking about bikes....?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2191 on: May 28, 2016, 06:52:07 PM »
You're a Twit, but I like you!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2192 on: May 28, 2016, 07:01:49 PM »
Hey, I just gotta be me.  ;D

sailor_chic

« Reply #2193 on: May 28, 2016, 07:37:01 PM »
Everybody knows the oil is fine, but I'm not a fan of Bosch filters... or Purolator filters for that matter.  All made on the same Purolator lines using the same bypass valve design, which is what I don't like.  I ran a Bosch DistancePlus on my last bike for a few thousand miles (with Rotella T6) but changed to the Mobil1 and Fram XG filters after a filter surgery project; http://www.tiger-explorer.com/index.php/topic,10005.0.html (if interested).

Filter thread!!!!?

For my part, I reinstalled my ECU with the Shoodaben flash and will test it tomorrow.  I also admired and fondled Nicole's honkers; they are much BIGGER than stock - and there's TWO of them!. (I was tempted to say 'your', but it just felt strange).

I believe that Bosch filters are manufactured by Champion. I've been using then for years and havent had any problems. I use this one filter model on all three of my engines, and do have my oil tested regularly at Blackstone. Next lab results shall be available in a week or so.I just mailed the sample yesterday.

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #2194 on: May 28, 2016, 08:35:47 PM »
Yes, what I said doesn't matter if you have confidence in that filter and good results. But they are made by Purolator; the Champion connection ended several years ago.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #2195 on: May 28, 2016, 08:37:14 PM »
Nothing wrong with a Purolator filter.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2196 on: May 28, 2016, 08:49:18 PM »
http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Filters.html#OilFilters  This info has been around for quite a while so I don't know how accurate it still is.
If Bosch are indeed made by Purolator now instead of Champion then perhaps much of the rest of it is out of date as well.

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #2197 on: May 28, 2016, 08:58:00 PM »
http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Filters.html#OilFilters  This info has been around for quite a while so I don't know how accurate it still is.
If Bosch are indeed made by Purolator now instead of Champion then perhaps much of the rest of it is out of date as well.

Yes, Mark's oil filter review/study was done when Bosch brand filters were made by Champion. I don't have the exact time of the change to Purolator, but it was in the neighborhood of 7-10 years ago. Also, most of your motoforum cheapskates fell in love with the SuperTech 7317 oil filter, also made by Champion at that time, as a result of this study. Then that filter was made by Fram for awhile, then it disappeared. I noticed the other day that Walmart has SuperTech brand filters on the shelf again, but I didn't scrutinize.

Okay, enough about filters... though it is fun to play with them (if you have no life).
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #2198 on: May 31, 2016, 01:00:08 PM »
Yesterday, I performed an oil change with Rotella 15-40w and a Purlolator spin-on filter in my SPOOFAK-modified '01 C-10.  Little did I realize I would add that info to this recent oil filter discussion.

Rode her to work today.  No drips, no smudges, no errors!
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #2199 on: June 01, 2016, 09:30:15 PM »
Yesterday, I performed an oil change with Rotella 15-40w and a Purlolator spin-on filter in my SPOOFAK-modified '01 C-10.  Little did I realize I would add that info to this recent oil filter discussion.

Rode her to work today.  No drips, no smudges, no errors!

Yes; and you even managed to post about your C10 dino oil in the C14 (mostly) synthetic section.

I put on a Puig tinted screen today. Didn't get to test it because a storm blew up and I had to go out of town. But MAN does it look good. I hope it works as good as it looks because I really like it.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG