Author Topic: My new luggage  (Read 2235 times)

Offline PH14

My new luggage
« on: September 17, 2014, 05:20:24 PM »
Is this enough luggage?

Seriously, I'm attempting to start taking the bike to the airport, but I'm not sure if I'l go through with it.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: My new luggage
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 06:24:39 PM »
:)  That is a little crazy.  And I thought *I* was pushing it when I tried to transport a big box...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Son of Pappy

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 07:32:40 PM »
Is this enough luggage?

Seriously, I'm attempting to start taking the bike to the airport, but I'm not sure if I'l go through with it.
Just keep her below triple digits and she will be fine.  This is from a GS rider, so you may want to ignore my advice ;)

Offline PH14

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 02:45:02 AM »
The only issue is the ridiculous rails for the rack. It was hard to get the hooks attached well, and of course the rails are plastic. I took a test run and lost the back bag. I got everything back on and secured better. Ugh, I have never lost anything I have tied down on a bike, truck or anything ever before. Once I got it back on, it was very secure and never moved again. Still, the whole process was a pain so I doubt this will be my regular airport transportation.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 03:53:13 AM »
Just keep her below triple digits and she will be fine.  This is from a GS rider, so you may want to ignore my advice ;)

:rotflmao:
I know exactly what you mean. Last August I was having lunch in the north of Italy and there was a GS adventure with huge Aluminum side cases, the top case, and on top of each there was a 50 lt bag. Then the extended tank bag, and rolls (sleeping bags?) hanging from the side cases. And tool bags on the rails. And auxiliary lights. And the driver and wife were... well... built for comfort. That bike was easily 100 pounds above the maximum allowed.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.