Author Topic: Fuel Moto package deal w/ Area P = the long wait  (Read 6132 times)

Offline Smokeyzx

Fuel Moto package deal w/ Area P = the long wait
« on: March 13, 2012, 08:35:07 AM »
I ordered the package deal in the middle of November so in a few days it will be 4 months! Four months and the worst part is they still can't give me a date "it sounds like they have their orders to fill first if any are left we might get them.
Not sure on that at this time.  the pipes are not going to be finished at the earliest Late march." It doesn't seem like it's Fuel Motos fault but there has to be some kind of responsibility to fill the order in reasonable time. The worst part of this is that if I don't get one at the end of this month, it may take a couple more months.

Is anybody else having issues with Area P?

I'm stuck on the Area P because it is the only pipe that know of that has a bigger down pipe than stock, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Colorado
2013 Blue

Offline Conrad

Re: Fuel Moto package deal w/ Area P = the long wait
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 08:40:34 AM »
What did you order? When I bought my slip on last year it only took a week or so. Initially I wanted to order the can sans sticker but they told me that I'd have to wait to get one without a sticker, seems they produce them and box them up while they wait for orders. They told me that if I removed the sticker before I installed the can that it would come right off, they were right.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Smokeyzx

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 09:26:09 AM »
I ordered the full Area P, a BMC air filter, and Power Commander V with Fuel Moto's map pre-installed on it.

I plan on ordering a pipe for this bike one time and I want the most power possible. It seems like the Area P's bigger header separates it from their competitors. Buy it right once and have no regrets.

The Fuel Moto map is even referenced on Area P's website. These guys did the work and put a nice package together, I really want to support them so that they are there the next time I need a pipe. But...
Colorado
2013 Blue

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 09:35:35 AM »
You spoke with Jamie at Fuel Moto about this and he says that it's going to take that long for you to get your stuff?

The few times that I spoke with Jamie the guy just about bent over backwards to help. Strange that you're having this issue with them.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline tyler1015

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 09:41:24 AM »
If u dont ever get it, u can accomplish the same with getting a zx14 4into1 pipe. I have a yoshi full exhaust on mine and JD has a zx14 muzzy 4into 1 on his. I use the map from jamie for the full area p setup and the bike is amazing with it. Plus you can save quite a bit buying a zx14 exahust.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 09:45:07 AM »
When the full first came out it took longer then expected, speaking with Jamie several times I am confident it isn't their end that would be at fault.  Was it worth the weight (sic)?  YEP!!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2012, 09:55:20 AM »
4 months!!  :o

That's crazy and juts bad business IMO...  >:(

Have you looked at the Muzzys full dual system? I really like mine.  :)

Offline Smokeyzx

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 10:19:01 AM »
Fuel Moto has been nice to deal with from the start.
- Ordered kit on November 17th with Jamie.
- Talked to Jamie at the tail end of December looking for a lead time. He said Area P would be doing their next run of pipes at the tail end of February.
- Talked with Cindy in the middle of February, this is the email back. "Hello John,
Area P doesn't have an exact date but it sounds like it may be another 4-6 weeks before they complete
Systems. If you have any questions give us a call or reply to this email."
- Cindy checked again for me on March 2nd and replied "I understand, I wish I could give you an actual date but I will not know anything til late March if there will be 1 or any left for Fuel Moto customers.
thank you, Cindy"

Fuel Moto has been very nice but it almost seems like Area P is giving them the shaft. I don't get it.

Question about the ZX14 exhaust, I thought they were longer than stock Concours headers and that they wouldn't fit without modifying them.

Colorado
2013 Blue

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 10:31:23 AM »
Has anyone seen a dyno run with the Muzzy dual system?  I *think* the numbers are pretty close to the Area P full system.  Seems I saw a comparison of the 2 but can't find the info now.  I'd spend the extra for the Muzzy just because I like the looks.

Offline Smokeyzx

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 10:35:20 AM »
My preference is the 4-2-1 setup. I like the look of the Muzzy but...
Colorado
2013 Blue

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 10:56:45 AM »
Fuel Moto has been nice to deal with from the start.
- Ordered kit on November 17th with Jamie.
- Talked to Jamie at the tail end of December looking for a lead time. He said Area P would be doing their next run of pipes at the tail end of February.
- Talked with Cindy in the middle of February, this is the email back. "Hello John,
Area P doesn't have an exact date but it sounds like it may be another 4-6 weeks before they complete
Systems. If you have any questions give us a call or reply to this email."
- Cindy checked again for me on March 2nd and replied "I understand, I wish I could give you an actual date but I will not know anything til late March if there will be 1 or any left for Fuel Moto customers.
thank you, Cindy"

Fuel Moto has been very nice but it almost seems like Area P is giving them the shaft. I don't get it.

Question about the ZX14 exhaust, I thought they were longer than stock Concours headers and that they wouldn't fit without modifying them.

Jeremy can probably help you, he had a very similar experience IIRC with AP not being able to ship a system to him timely so he went with a ZX14 system.

Offline marku8a

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 10:15:56 PM »
Is anybody else having issues with Area P?

I ordered my full system directly from Area P late in January. Here is the response that I received after I contacted them having not heard what the status was for a few weeks...

"Hi Mark,

We do apologize for the delay.  You are indeed on the list to receive one of the first up.  We manufacture the C-14 full systems in very limited quantities and by hand.  We have delayed final assembly of the current production run until the week of March 12th.  Please let us know if you would like to remain on the list and we will contact as soon as they come into the packaging department.

Sincerely,

Kerry Bryant  - President"

I have several unpredictable business trips to make in the next few weeks and wanted to make sure that things were sorted out on my end to make payment and receive the delivery so I asked again on the status. The response...

"Hi Mark,

Looks like all the sub-assemblies will be completed late next week in our CA facility.  Then then get shipped to us here in our FL facility for final assembly & packaging.  So we should be shipping the week of the 19th.

We will contact you prior to shipping.  If you would like to authorize someone else to take delivery of your system, we would need their name as all packages valued over $500 require a signature.

Sincerely,

Kerry Bryant  - President"

I can think of a zillion legit reasons for the long wait including low demand, year end holidays, etc. On the plus side they do not accept payment until they are ready to ship, are quick to respond to my questions and are honest about setting expectations as to when to expect my delivery.

Mark
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?

Offline tyler1015

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 08:07:50 AM »
smokey,

here is the link to my little write up on installing the zx14 exhaust. It was quite easy and love the exhaust. paid half of what a area p cost.
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=5617.msg65437#msg65437

If u think about doing it and have any questions at all let me know I will help any way i can. good luck with whatever u decide on.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 10:04:07 AM »
I had ordered my AreaP full system towards the end of October and was told it would be four weeks. After six weeks I cancelled my order since they didn't seem to be keeping up with the demand. I am very happy with my Muzzy's full ZX14 setup. There was very little needed to make it fit the C14. I can't put a link up right now since I am working from my wife's iPad while we are on vacation. But if you search "rebuild of my C14" you will be able to see what I did.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Smokeyzx

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 12:32:39 PM »
I should have waited another day before posting. I got an email from Cindy this morning and Fuel Moto is getting one of the exhausts on this run. The pipe will be shipped sometime next week.

Thanks for offering to help, I would have done it if I didn't get a pipe from this manufacturing cycle.

Thanks to Fuel Moto too.
Colorado
2013 Blue

Offline Conrad

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 12:36:54 PM »
another case of the squeaky wheel getting greased, I mean, the grease.   

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 11:50:58 PM »
I canceled my Area P order as well and went with the Muzzy.  I had Dyno done on Saturday and got 149.9hp...  That was with my autotune map.  The base map netted 146hp...  so Autotune is working...  :)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 09:54:29 AM »
I canceled my Area P order as well and went with the Muzzy.  I had Dyno done on Saturday and got 149.9hp...  That was with my autotune map.  The base map netted 146hp...  so Autotune is working...  :)

:thumbs: 8)

Son of Pappy

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 10:03:19 AM »
Not that Muzzy is bad by any means but it is a shame that supply isn't meating demands.  As great as Jamie has been maybe it's time he find another producer of pipes?

Offline marku8a

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2012, 08:42:05 PM »
I received the FedEx tracking number from Area P for my system. It should be delivered late next week.

I remember that somebody had a problem disassembling a slip fit connection on an Area P exhaust after it had been installed for awhile. Does this ring a bell?

Mark
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?