Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 729191 times)

Offline Strawboss

Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #1920 on: March 02, 2015, 06:36:15 PM »
Argan oil is an oil made from the pressed kernals of pits that grow from Argan trees. its been used for a long time for many things, hand lotion, an additive to hair products and shampoos. I use it on my hands when they are really dry, it works better than any moisturizing hand lotion I've found. It soaks into the hands over time as it does not evaporate or soak in quickly. Its not cheap and its only sold in certain places. Try it sometime on your hands, it takes a few days, but it really works.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1921 on: March 02, 2015, 06:50:25 PM »
I noticed that.    :-X

That may be more than a few of us based on the answers here...
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #1922 on: March 02, 2015, 09:29:08 PM »
At the point in my life where I don't have to worry about shampoo. :yikes:
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1923 on: March 03, 2015, 04:04:01 AM »
Based on Strawboss' explanation, it should help on the bald spots....that's what I'm hoping.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1924 on: March 03, 2015, 04:43:12 AM »
I've never seen this before and truthfully, never thought about it. That's bizarre!    :o

Somehow I tripped over..... this..... a while back. Been having flashbacks ever since. Sometimes it keeps me up at night.

It is a child's skull (human child, homo sapiens sapiens so it is claimed) showing both a set of milk or baby teeth, plus at least what appears to be 300 more, permanent teeth, that have not erupted yet. Though they have fully erupted in my psyche. Supposedly, all of us looked like that at one time but I am absolutely sure that neither myself or anyone I ever knew looked like that. The only thing that ever came close to looking like that was the Predator when he was really pi$$ed at Arnie, opened his mouth wide and screamed. But even that was only the barest resemblance and much, much less scary looking than this....

Shiver me timbers!

Brian

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1925 on: March 03, 2015, 04:47:34 AM »
My current shampoo is argan oil of morocco..  It's a unique, precious blend of argan oil of morrocco (WTF is that?) which instantly penetrates the hair shaft restoring shine and softness while strengthening and creating soft, seductive, silky perfection. 

My advice is not to get this  :censored: as the pump in the top doesn't work so well.  I've told my wife to get something else next time.  The sad thing is, if she doesn't like it then I have to finish it off cause I can't stand to have something bought and then thrown away.

So if a biker walks past you and smells of argan oil of morocco, it could be me.  :rotflmao: :nuts:

It shouldn't take long to penetrate all ten of the hair shafts on your head eh Jim?    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1926 on: March 03, 2015, 07:43:26 AM »
 ;D
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1927 on: March 03, 2015, 02:42:31 PM »
Bizarre? Merely Bizarre? ??? More like terrifyingly amazing I think. And now we know why the cuspids are called 'eye teeth'.... 'cause they start off barely below the eyeball.

It gets even worse:

Same one, but a full view:

Brian

I've never seen this before and truthfully, never thought about it. That's bizarre!    :o
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1928 on: March 03, 2015, 02:57:08 PM »
I think we need a very different subject for the next topic about nothing (my timbers are still shivering).

How about this one: what is the plural of penny (as in the coin)? Well, depends on where you are. In a lot of the English speaking world, it is 'pence'. In  the US and Canada, it is 'pennies' but if value instead of the actual coinage is being referenced, this it is 'cents', again in the US and Canada.

Speaking of pennies, you should all be glad to know that the US got the price of making a penny down to 1.3 cents (pence for you UK et. al folks) each in 2013, a considerable improvement from the cost of 2.41 cents in 2011.  ???  And US pennies have been made out of a number of metals and alloys, starting of course with pure copper in the olden' days and working its way to today's zinc / copper alloy (almost all zinc though) plate with pure copper. By the 1970's, it cost more than a penny to make a penny, and it was proposed to change the material from the then- current material, brass, to aluminum. One and a half million aluminum pennies were actually struck by US mints before the idea (and apparently the pennies themselves) was scrapped for two reasons: the first is that vending machines could not deal with the new material. The second reason is more interesting though, as aluminum does not block X-rays well, and in fact is difficult to detect in human soft tissue such as the lungs or gastrointestinal tract, aluminum pennies posed a problem for the medical community to detect them in little Johnny or Mary (or Jim after a heavy beer night perhaps). Sure, the bottle caps would show up 'in there' but not aluminum pennies. So while we spend a few dozen million dollars a year, at least we can take comfort knowing that our children are safe from X-ray invisible pennies....

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #1929 on: March 03, 2015, 03:03:40 PM »
Not to change the subject here, (I guess it is about nothing at all). I just got an email from a vendor we want to do business with. Within this email is the sentence "If you do not receive this email please let me know immediately."
We do not have a smiley/emoticon available that expresses my amazement at that statement. Surely it is not the dancing banana...just sayin'. Suffice it to say we are having second thoughts.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1930 on: March 03, 2015, 03:08:04 PM »
Yeah, like the signs sometimes found at the roadways between lanes of a divided highway:

"Access restricted to unauthorized vehicles"

Yeah, it does not mean that though.

Brian

Not to change the subject here, (I guess it is about nothing at all). I just got an email from a vendor we want to do business with. Within this email is the sentence "If you do not receive this email please let me know immediately."
We do not have a smiley/emoticon available that expresses my amazement at that statement. Surely it is not the dancing banana...just sayin'. Suffice it to say we are having second thoughts.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1931 on: March 03, 2015, 03:59:54 PM »
. I just got an email from a vendor we want to do business with. Within this email is the sentence "If you do not receive this email please let me know immediately."

Wouldn't  :doh:  be appropriate?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1932 on: March 03, 2015, 05:15:02 PM »
Have you ever seen any public figure apologize for something before they were caught?

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #1933 on: March 03, 2015, 05:20:52 PM »
Wouldn't  :doh:  be appropriate?
It would, but I would need to use many of those, and I think it prudent to cut down on the amount I use.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Gsun

« Reply #1934 on: March 03, 2015, 10:36:33 PM »
Canada does not use pennies anymore. And it's good because they are a PIA. We still use "cents" when using a debit card, credit card or other forms of payment except cash.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1935 on: March 04, 2015, 07:04:43 AM »
Canada does not use pennies anymore. And it's good because they are a PIA. We still use "cents" when using a debit card, credit card or other forms of payment except cash.

I knew Canadian currency made no sense. :)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1936 on: March 04, 2015, 07:35:59 AM »
+1, almost like the gun laws  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1937 on: March 05, 2015, 06:40:29 AM »
I shot firearms in Canada more than a few times. Rifles AND pistols. And within the city limits of Toronto. Totally legal. It was great fun. ;D
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1938 on: March 05, 2015, 10:04:35 AM »
I knew Canadian currency made no sense. :)

Makes perfect sense:  ;D

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1939 on: March 05, 2015, 10:22:55 AM »
I had no idea Spock was Canadian. Who knew? I suppose his sense of humor should have been a clue.....