Author Topic: Stupid is as stupid does  (Read 41597 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Stupid is as stupid does
« Reply #240 on: May 06, 2021, 05:22:39 AM »
Interesting comment for someone living in a country (USA) with 4 times the road death rate per 100,000 population, and over twice the death rate per vehicle miles travelled, as compared to a certain left-side-drive country (UK). Now who's backwards?  :rotflmao:

The side of the road isn't the cause of that, our poor driving tests/requirements are.  I know there are much worse countries in that regard, but we really could do better.  In any case, I chose definition 2a:

2a : in a reverse or contrary direction or way
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #241 on: May 13, 2021, 08:33:26 AM »
I'm sure that we've all seen the stories about gasoline hoarding and people filling up just about anything that will hold gas, including plastic garbage bags.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gas-shortage-plastic-bags-warning/

Americans have to be the stupidest people on the planet.   
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #242 on: May 14, 2021, 02:01:34 AM »
I'm sure that we've all seen the stories about gasoline hoarding and people filling up just about anything that will hold gas, including plastic garbage bags.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gas-shortage-plastic-bags-warning/
Americans have to be the stupidest people on the planet.
No, they are the same as everyone else on the planet. Equally stupid, equally selfish, equally greedy, equally brave, equally generous, equally loving. ;D
Trust me, having travelled extensively, stupidity is a constant worldwide.  :facepalm:
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline Conrad

« Reply #243 on: May 15, 2021, 07:14:17 AM »
No, they are the same as everyone else on the planet. Equally stupid, equally selfish, equally greedy, equally brave, equally generous, equally loving. ;D
Trust me, having travelled extensively, stupidity is a constant worldwide.  :facepalm:

Well, I certainly haven't traveled extensively like you have but I've been around a bit. Americans have a special kind of stupid.

Darwin for the win!

A South Carolina woman who was hoarding gasoline caught on fire Thursday after her vehicle crashed and burst into flames, authorities said.

The Pickens County Sheriff's Office said the accident occurred after a deputy attempted to stop a 2007 Pontiac G6 with a stolen license plate.

"The driver of the Pontiac turned left onto Wolf Creek Road and accelerated the vehicle in an attempt to elude law enforcement," the sheriff's office said in a statement. "The deputy then activated his vehicle’s siren. Before the deputy could complete radio traffic with the Communications center, the driver of the Pontiac lost control of the vehicle leaving the roadway and completely flipping the vehicle."

Authorities said "multiple explosions" could be heard coming from inside the car. When the driver, identified as Jessica Gale Patterson, got out of the car, she was on fire.

"The deputy pushed Ms. Patterson to the ground in order to put out the flames," the sheriff's office said.

Patterson, 28, was taken to a hospital. Her condition was unknown Friday.

The aftermath of the wreck was captured on a video that was shared on Facebook. It shows large flames and heavy black smoke billowing from the car.

According to the department, Patterson told deputies that she had been hoarding several containers of fuel in the trunk of her car. Authorities said the containers of gasoline sparked the explosions.

Across the Southeast, people have been panic-buying gasoline after hackers broke in to some of Colonial Pipeline's networks, causing the U.S. fuel pipeline to temporarily shut down operations.

Colonial, the country’s largest artery for transporting fuel, said in an online statement that it restarted its entire pipeline system and has begun product delivery.

"Following this restart, it will take several days for the product delivery supply chain to return to normal," the statement read. "Some markets served by Colonial Pipeline may experience, or continue to experience, intermittent service interruptions during this start-up period. Colonial will move as much gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel as is safely possible and will continue to do so until markets return to normal."

A Hummer in Florida burst into flames right after a driver filled four containers with gas.

Citrus County Fire Rescue said they responded to a call at a Texaco Food Mart in Homosassa, Fla. for a vehicle on fire on Wednesday. 

Four 5-gallon containers filled with gasoline were in the back of the vehicle when it caught fire, officials said.

One person was injured but refused to be treated. The cause of the fire is under investigation by the Florida State Fire Marshal’s Office.

Thousands have been running to gas stations after the Colonial Pipeline shutdown caused panic buying. Videos and photos circulated of long lines and some putting extra gas in plastic bags.

The pipeline restarted its system on Wednesday and by Thursday the Colonial Pipeline Co. said product delivery had commenced for all the markets they serve.   

It would be interesting if a poll was taken of all those people who are hording and waiting in line for gas. Who do you think those people voted for in the presidential election?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #244 on: May 15, 2021, 08:15:14 AM »
It would be interesting if a poll was taken of all those people who are hording and waiting in line for gas. Who do you think those people voted for in the presidential election?

Is everything political for you?  Are you that jaded to think everyone, or even the majority, who doesn't vote like you are stupid?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #245 on: May 15, 2021, 05:04:41 PM »
Sadly Max, I believe the answer to your question is ... yes.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline Conrad

« Reply #246 on: May 16, 2021, 06:49:22 AM »
Is everything political for you?  Are you that jaded to think everyone, or even the majority, who doesn't vote like you are stupid?

I posted twice on this forum yesterday. Once above and once about Voyager. Nothing political about the Voyager post. So to answer one of your questions, no, not everything is political for me.

You're point is taken though and I'll try to dial it back a bit.   

I won't answer your other question since I just said that I would try to dial it back.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #247 on: June 11, 2021, 09:28:15 AM »
It is amazing how many wacky people there are out there.

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
« Reply #248 on: June 11, 2021, 09:33:24 AM »
Here is another. Don't know if it is fake. But here it is nonetheless.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/nod9vb/part_2_of_the_guy_filling_up_his_truck_bed_with/

Well, I certainly haven't traveled extensively like you have but I've been around a bit. Americans have a special kind of stupid.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 01:33:05 PM by DC Concours »

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #249 on: June 11, 2021, 05:38:08 PM »
Here is another. Don't know if it is fake. But here it is nonetheless.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/comments/nod9vb/part_2_of_the_guy_filling_up_his_truck_bed_with/

And I do believe we have a winner for the category “ special stupid Hall of Fame“
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #250 on: June 12, 2021, 05:21:39 AM »
I've locked this until I figure out what to do with it....

Well, I tried splitting it and it made my brane hurt so not going to do that and being it's Saturday and I'm so easy called away, I've just decided to delete posts.  As you know from prior experience I don't like doing that.  It makes me cranky.  Now back to my drinking.

Notice:  I'm not entertaining any political or COVID related subjects in Open.  POST them in the F'N ARENA!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 06:29:41 AM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #251 on: July 18, 2021, 04:43:47 PM »
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #252 on: July 19, 2021, 02:33:32 AM »
https://youtu.be/ylcdW03BV2c
What a dumfaq. He/she must have read the sign or else he/she wouldn't have slowed so much.
So many people who feel that they are exempt because they think they are special or have a "valid" reason.  :rotflmao:
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline DC Concours

• Arena
  • 2001 Concours, ~35K miles
« Reply #253 on: July 19, 2021, 09:20:43 AM »
This is a great share. Thank you.

I just wish the new guard rail can make his old brother, 11'8", proud.

RIP 11'8". You served your community with great distinction and brought us all so much joy.

https://youtu.be/ylcdW03BV2c