Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 728779 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #2460 on: March 21, 2017, 04:11:45 PM »
Amazingly enough, just the 'usual' two! That surprised even me 'cause I am in a pretty left- leaning state, although it is also a very Catholic state so I guess some of the tenets of those groups must clash. ??

One time when I was renewing my license at the DMV (today I went to AAA because it was faster and easier than the DMV but sad to say, AAA has caught and perhaps surpassed the DMV regarding [not fast and not easy]), the nice lady on the other side of the counter asked if I wanted my height or weight adjusted: I immediately said yes, I would like to be 25 to 30 lbs. lighter. Of course that one 'flew by' and she said that I had to state a specific weight, not a general area...... sigh, some of my fastest work is again lost.....

:-)

Brian

How many choices did it have for gender?  ;D
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2461 on: March 23, 2017, 07:56:33 AM »
Pretty interesting design for a skyscraper. Not sure it would be practical but it certainly would be interesting to see and visit.

From: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-4339282/The-incredible-U-shaped-New-York-skyscraper-unveiled.html

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2462 on: March 23, 2017, 09:29:27 AM »
What a nice target.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #2463 on: March 23, 2017, 11:34:37 AM »
 Who volunteers to be the first one to fly their airplane through it?
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2464 on: March 23, 2017, 12:50:11 PM »
Who volunteers to be the first one to fly their airplane through it?

I'd do that in a heart beat if it was legal. TONS of room for a small single.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2465 on: March 24, 2017, 06:59:06 AM »

It seems that Illinois is looking into legalizing weed. Or at least there's a 'measure' afoot.

http://northernpublicradio.org/post/two-il-lawmakers-push-legalizing-recreational-marijuana-help-fill-budget-deficit

:cool:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2466 on: March 24, 2017, 07:42:36 AM »
Hope they do and I hope they make billions on taxes so they leave my **** alone.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2467 on: March 24, 2017, 12:20:48 PM »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2468 on: March 25, 2017, 05:57:00 AM »
Hope they do and I hope they make billions on taxes so they leave my **** alone.

Why, you got some good **** man?   
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2469 on: March 25, 2017, 06:11:45 AM »
 :-X

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2470 on: March 26, 2017, 12:09:28 PM »
 :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2471 on: May 08, 2017, 12:42:39 PM »
And now for one that our English friends (and you too Jim) may appreciate.

In the UK, the only person allowed to and actually does drive without a driver's license is.... The Queen (currently, but any monarch, male or female). The reason is that licenses are issued in the name of the monarch, so it is assumed the human who actually issues driver's licenses would not actually need to issue one to him / her self. Even better, QEII travels anywhere in the world without a passport as she does not need one for the exact same reason stated above. Finally, as all laws, courts and the entire legal process in the UK is done in the monarch's name and by her authority, common law does not apply to her; she is literally 'above the law'. At least that is the theory, one must assume there would have to be some consequences if her majesty were to go on a bank- robbing spree, for example. By the same logic, she owns the Crown Jewels but I betcha' she could, for example, sell them. :-)

And now for the no- cost extra: QEII signs official documents 'Elizabeth R', the 'R' standing for Regina which is not a part of her name but rather her position: Regina means Queen in Latin. So effectively, she is signing as "Elizabeth, Queen". I would have to agree that she is one of the very few people in the world who does not really need a last name, middle initial or any other identifier (she has all of them though, being baptized "Elizabeth Alexandra Mary, and her last name is Windsor, from the House of Windsor while her children's last name is Mountbatten- Windsor).

While I am not the subject of any monarch nor do I have any desire to be one, I do have a great deal of admiration for the Queen and Prince Phillip. They have 'done their duty' diligently and with dignity for basically their entire lives, regardless of what they might or might not prefer themselves. I personally think the office of Monarch is far more of a burden and duty then a luxury myself, and the current Regent has given far more to her nations than she has received. Hell, I would go so far as to suggest they, along with the other prominent members of the royal family, generate far more money than they use simply by attracting foreigners to see them and spend tourist money in the UK, especially Americans!

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #2472 on: May 08, 2017, 12:51:21 PM »
Have to love Philips "gaffes"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39806145
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2473 on: May 08, 2017, 01:42:27 PM »
I watched the series "Crown" on Netflix. The show certainly paints her and Philip in a positive light. Regardless I also have a lot of respect for her after watching the first season of the series and then looking up some of the events portrayed in the show for accuracy.

In the UK, the only person allowed to and actually does drive without a driver's license is.... The Queen (currently, but any monarch, male or female). The reason is that licenses are issued in the name of the monarch, so it is assumed the human who actually issues driver's licenses would not actually need to issue one to him / her self. Even better, QEII travels anywhere in the world without a passport as she does not need one for the exact same reason stated above. Finally, as all laws, courts and the entire legal process in the UK is done in the monarch's name and by her authority, common law does not apply to her; she is literally 'above the law'. At least that is the theory, one must assume there would have to be some consequences if her majesty were to go on a bank- robbing spree, for example. By the same logic, she owns the Crown Jewels but I betcha' she could, for example, sell them. :-)

And now for the no- cost extra: QEII signs official documents 'Elizabeth R', the 'R' standing for Regina which is not a part of her name but rather her position: Regina means Queen in Latin. So effectively, she is signing as "Elizabeth, Queen". I would have to agree that she is one of the very few people in the world who does not really need a last name, middle initial or any other identifier (she has all of them though, being baptized "Elizabeth Alexandra Mary, and her last name is Windsor, from the House of Windsor while her children's last name is Mountbatten- Windsor).

While I am not the subject of any monarch nor do I have any desire to be one, I do have a great deal of admiration for the Queen and Prince Phillip. They have 'done their duty' diligently and with dignity for basically their entire lives, regardless of what they might or might not prefer themselves. I personally think the office of Monarch is far more of a burden and duty then a luxury myself, and the current Regent has given far more to her nations than she has received. Hell, I would go so far as to suggest they, along with the other prominent members of the royal family, generate far more money than they use simply by attracting foreigners to see them and spend tourist money in the UK, especially Americans!

Brian

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2474 on: May 08, 2017, 02:59:35 PM »

In the UK,

But what about the Welsh?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2475 on: May 08, 2017, 03:26:55 PM »

Isn't that where grape juice comes from?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2476 on: May 08, 2017, 04:01:17 PM »
It's what you do when you don't pay a bet.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #2477 on: May 08, 2017, 11:03:40 PM »

I'm Welsh (& yes I  do own a pair of wellies)
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2478 on: May 09, 2017, 04:01:17 AM »
As do I......(wellies)

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2479 on: May 18, 2017, 09:28:56 AM »
The previous owner of my home put in a fence with an 8 ft. double gate.

Who needs 16' of gate to get in a zero turn? Yard tractor? There's not enough room in the back yard for a semi-truck.

Wouldn't be so bad, but when the POS hinges on that 16' of gate decide to go belly-up, that makes it a PITA. Have you priced three pairs of heavy-duty galvanized hinges? Gate latch?

Grrrrrrrrrrrr................
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90