Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 729176 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #1640 on: August 09, 2014, 09:00:18 AM »
The sane thinker of the family..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1641 on: August 10, 2014, 06:20:39 AM »
That's a scary notion! 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1642 on: August 10, 2014, 12:25:08 PM »
No.

Yeah, that's what my wife said too.

Yeah my wife too. Wait, are we talking about...OH I see, green fender paint. My wife loves to find stuff for me to paint.
See, at first when I saw "wife" and "no" I thought we were talking abou.......never mind. :-[

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1643 on: August 11, 2014, 04:37:40 AM »
Yeah, that's what my wife said too.

Yeah my wife too. Wait, are we talking about...OH I see, green fender paint. My wife loves to find stuff for me to paint.
See, at first when I saw "wife" and "no" I thought we were talking abou.......never mind. :-[

That makes me sad.     ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #1644 on: August 11, 2014, 07:36:53 AM »
Mondays suck!  :(

Offline Rhino

• Arena

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1646 on: August 17, 2014, 09:21:09 AM »
Aunt Ann died ;D. We just found out 3 weeks after, as if I f***ing care. I'm going to pi$$ on her grave and hope she's doing well in purgatory as hell is too good for her. She was the root cause of my wife's family disowning us, again, as if I f***ing care. We drank a bottle of wine the other night. I feel fine.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1647 on: August 17, 2014, 10:19:38 AM »
I am not absolutely sure I am following this- are you saying you were not close with Aunt Ann?

Really though, sorry to hear that your family problems are causing you grief.

It is not a unique situation or even unusual though. I had an older relative that ended up on the bad side of most of the relatives- it is a very small family anyway. I turned away from him fairly early while others were doing their best to 'turn the other cheek'. Anyway, another relative was one of the last to finally have enough of the guy but did not fully vent his anger before the old guy died. So relative #2 spent years (maybe still doing it for all I know) spreading salt on relative #1's grave (the old gentleman) so no grass grows there. It still makes me laugh when I think about it.... :-)  Kind of a 'you may be dead but I ain't done with you yet' situation.

Brian

Aunt Ann died ;D. We just found out 3 weeks after, as if I f***ing care. I'm going to pi$$ on her grave and hope she's doing well in purgatory as hell is too good for her. She was the root cause of my wife's family disowning us, again, as if I f***ing care. We drank a bottle of wine the other night. I feel fine.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1648 on: August 17, 2014, 10:43:48 AM »
On 24 February, 1914, Major General <brevet> Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain died from a battle wound. Nothing too surprising there as this was the first year of World War I which would kill millions. But WW I did not start until August and besides, Chamberlain was an American, 85 years of age, and not involved with any conflict at the time of his death.

He received the would that would kill him during the Siege of Petersburg, Virginia, in April, 1864. He was leading a charge when he was hit by a musket bullet in the hip. The bullet passed out his other hip, damaging his bladder. The wound was considered lethal (which is actually was) and his obituary was published the next day in the newspapers of his home state, Maine. By November of that year, he was again in command of an active force in the Civil War, would serve to the end of that war and eventually sustain six wounds during battle. His final service was to accept the formal surrender of the Army of Northern Virginia that effectively ended the American Civil War. Chamberlain went on to serve four terms as Governor of Main, serve as the President of Bowdoin college, practice as a lawyer in New York and several other activities. All of this despite having to wear a catheter from the time of his wound at Petersburg and going through another six operations in an unsuccessful effort to repair the damage done by that wound that would cause almost constant pain and repeated infections until his death.

Beside him at his death was Dr. Shaw, one of the two surgeons who had performed the initial wound surgery on Chamberlain 50 years before. Chamberlain is believed to be the last person to die as a result of wounds sustained during the Civil War.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1649 on: August 17, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »
Its my wife's family, and I don't care what anybody says, I married HER, not her family, she feels the same. I've moved on, I hope never to see or hear or talk to them ever again in my life after what they did and what they said. Ding dong the witch is dead! ;D

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1650 on: August 17, 2014, 11:12:58 AM »
Great to hear you have moved on.

But just in case something happens to alter that, I understand that one standard Morton salt container will prevent anything from growing on a 3' X 6' plot of dirt for an entire year. Iodized or not does not seem to make any difference.

;D

Its my wife's family, and I don't care what anybody says, I married HER, not her family, she feels the same. I've moved on, I hope never to see or hear or talk to them ever again in my life after what they did and what they said. Ding dong the witch is dead! ;D

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1651 on: August 17, 2014, 11:22:42 AM »
That's good info to know, I'll take it into account, easier than visiting the grave every month ;D.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1652 on: August 17, 2014, 12:29:27 PM »
There is salt in P from what I understand plus any number of bad things for grass....just sayin.  I know one person that I'd use that method on.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1653 on: August 17, 2014, 01:46:11 PM »
Yes Jim you are right, but you'd need an awful lot of urine as the way it is presented naturally tends to "treat" spot areas only. ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1654 on: August 17, 2014, 02:01:00 PM »
I thought that's what they made beer for?

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1655 on: August 17, 2014, 02:13:56 PM »
Too much water dilutes the effect. Jeez Jim, come on, what the heck are we doing here talking about, well what we're talking about? ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1656 on: August 17, 2014, 02:27:14 PM »
Too much water dilutes the effect. Jeez Jim, come what the heck are we doing here talking about, well what we're talking about? ;D

Nothing, nothing at all... :)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1657 on: August 17, 2014, 06:12:32 PM »
Don't say it Brian.... don't say it Brian.... don't say it Brian....    ;D  Whew! That was close. Jim, you're killing me here, putting out stuff like 'there is salt in urine'; almost too much for me to avoid commenting on.

The most salt that can be contained in urine is about 1%. That is not enough to damage most plant life, especially something as tough as grass. The thing that causes yellow spots where Rover lifted his leg is urea, basically a high concentration of nitrogen. Now here is the cool part about that- urea is the source of nitrogen in most, if not all fertilizers and yet it is what burns and kills grass.... what's up with that? The answer is amount- too much nitrogen is as deadly to plant life as no nitrogen at all and basically, Rover causes the grass to 'overdose' on urea. If only he could be trained to run and.... uhm..... lift his leg.

This is great though 'cause the next factoid in the thread can be about salt in urine and the ocean....

Brian

There is salt in P from what I understand plus any number of bad things for grass....just sayin.  I know one person that I'd use that method on.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1658 on: August 17, 2014, 06:20:33 PM »
Everyone knows  that a human (and most, but not all mammals) cannot subsist on seawater because there is too much salt in it. The common expression is that if one drinks seawater exclusively, one will die of dehydration.

What nonsense: suppose one is adrift in the ocean and starts to drink seawater? If that person started to dehydrate, he / she could simply drink more seawater. Hey, you're adrift on the ocean, what else is there to do? You could drink seawater all day! So that idea just does not.... wait for it.... hold water.

The maximum amount of salt a human can excrete in his / her urine, the primary source of purging salt (by far), is about 1%. Seawater is about 3.5% salinity. This means that there is a fairly rapid and very significant buildup of sodium in the human body if that body is being hydrated with seawater. In fairly short order, the blood thickens, the red blood cells begin to fail, and the entire hydraulic system that is our circulatory system begins to fail. Soon enough it DOES fail and the host dies due to a huge and intolerable excess of salt in the blood. But most certainly it is NOT due to dehydration.

Which begs the question, can humans survive on a portion of seawater? Absolutely! As long as that portion is well under 25% of the total water intake.

Brian

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1659 on: August 17, 2014, 06:29:51 PM »
1% is still a percentage of salt.  Whilst not a crazy percentage, still enough to make a point.