Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 889641 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #2200 on: June 02, 2016, 03:40:04 AM »
Yes; and you even managed to post about your C10 dino oil in the C14 (mostly) synthetic section.

I put on a Puig tinted screen today. Didn't get to test it because a storm blew up and I had to go out of town. But MAN does it look good. I hope it works as good as it looks because I really like it.
Is there a secret button to push to find that 'C14 (mostly) synthetic section' ?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2201 on: June 02, 2016, 03:59:21 AM »
I'm thinking not, Gary.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2202 on: June 02, 2016, 05:49:01 AM »
Dern, I wanted to see it...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #2203 on: June 02, 2016, 07:48:30 PM »
Today I replaced the front PR3 on the 09 with a T30 and changed the battery on the silent TPS. The PR3 looked to have at least 50% tread but since it was on the bike when I bought it I can't be sure and have a two-up trip to Vermont coming up in a few weeks. I'll save the PR3 and put it back on later. I was delighted to see the TPS come alive, since I have had a couple of failed battery changes and was beginning to doubt my soldering skills. When I bought the 09 in April I got the dealer to knock of $300 due to the two non-working tire pressure monitors. 
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline brant bandit

« Reply #2204 on: June 03, 2016, 11:01:57 AM »
I just installed a MRA X-creen on my stock windshield and love it. Full up, no turbulence, quiet, and no back pressure. Full down, no turbulence, good airflow, and also quieter. Very happy with it!
2014 Concours 1400 in black (the fastest colour)
COG# 11854

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #2205 on: June 03, 2016, 11:54:55 AM »
Glad to hear it. Mine is coming Monday! Reread your post, I got the MRA with the x creen.
Wayne

I just installed a MRA X-creen on my stock windshield and love it. Full up, no turbulence, quiet, and no back pressure. Full down, no turbulence, good airflow, and also quieter. Very happy with it!
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline Donnbauer

« Reply #2206 on: June 04, 2016, 01:36:40 AM »
I removed all the smog crap, installed Nicole's honkers ;), hardwired my Valentine 1, installed the pdm60 power distribution center and wired the dash power socket to the pdm60.
The PDM 60 is an awesome piece, great control and easy to use.

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #2207 on: June 04, 2016, 01:41:25 AM »
I removed all the smog crap, installed Nicole's honkers ;), hardwired my Valentine 1, installed the pdm60 power distribution center and wired the dash power socket to the pdm60.
The PDM 60 is an awesome piece, great control and easy to use.

Sweet! I'm putting my PDM60 in Sunday if all goes well.  Where did you mount yours? Also putting in Nicole's honkers and dash power socket.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline Donnbauer

« Reply #2208 on: June 04, 2016, 01:57:04 AM »
I put mine where the square smog canister used to live, perfect distance from the battery for the cable. I ran Nicole's wiring up and tied into the unit right there. The mounting bolts for the canister make a great ground point for the horn and the PDM 60.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #2209 on: June 05, 2016, 11:03:05 AM »
I wired the harness and installed the cradle for my new Garmin 390LM on the 09. I also mounted an Avon 3D LM rear and a new battery for the tps. The Avon is my new favorite rear tire. I have one on the 08 with about 6800 and it looks only half done.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2210 on: June 05, 2016, 01:21:56 PM »
Put over 1060 miles on it the last three days.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #2211 on: June 05, 2016, 01:57:26 PM »
Put over 1060 miles on it the last three days.

Pls. don't rub it in- too wet and too hot to ride in Texas lately- plus it seems like all the roads are torn up and being replaced at one time in the entire state- sucks compared to riding in No. California last month.

Offline banditrider

• Two wheels are all you need!
    • Off for a ride
« Reply #2212 on: June 05, 2016, 02:58:21 PM »
Rode her past the 137,000km mark.  New shoes on their way too...

'08 Concours 14: Rad guard, Stebel, Oxford Hot grips, Projekt D Screen, Hugger, GPS mount, helmet locks & fender extender, Zumo 550, Stebel, Phil's rack & Givi V46, Sheepskin seat cover, Phillips Extreme vision +100 bulbs.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2213 on: June 05, 2016, 04:47:14 PM »
That's a lot of miles going around in circles on an island.  ;)

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #2214 on: June 06, 2016, 01:24:20 AM »
Let's see… Pulled all the plastics with the intent of searching out buzz gremlins. Really just shifted the fuel tank around and that's it. As it turns out, the plastics are way easier to deal with than I thought.

Got the PDM60 programmed and installed on the right side underneath the upper fairing cover (the black piece). Mounted it and the relay for Nicole's Honkers directly to the heat foam.

Installed Nicole's Honkers, took some pics and made comparison videos of the sound and measured decibels with and SPL meter.

Installed AST's dash power socket and wired up the Powerlet on my Heli-bar Pilot risers.

So now I'm rockin' three power outlets up front (including the OE accessory outlet) and the new horn. I've got three circuits left over, two of which will be used for auxiliary lighting.
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2215 on: June 06, 2016, 11:41:27 AM »
Scrubbed the front EBC rotors with Brillo pads, installed new EBC pads and eliminated all slow speed pulsing.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #2216 on: June 06, 2016, 05:15:29 PM »
My MRA X-Creen came today. I installed it and will give it a try tomorrow.
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2217 on: June 06, 2016, 08:17:24 PM »
Scrubbed the front EBC rotors with Brillo pads, installed new EBC pads and eliminated all slow speed pulsing.

Were the previous pads EBC?

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #2218 on: June 06, 2016, 09:41:54 PM »
I washed my bike :banana
I haven't done it in at least 10 000 miles, and it was slowly becoming impossible to see anything through the windshield. People were walking away from where she was parked. Flies and rats were gathering, etc. After 40 minutes washing, it looked only very, very dirty. A huge improvement 8) In fact, I think it's lighter by about 10 pounds.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #2219 on: June 06, 2016, 09:42:52 PM »
Put about 130 miles on my new Puig screen and I like it - a lot. Ran Techron fuel additive on that same 130 miles but couldn't run the full tank; will finish it off tomorrow (I hope).
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG