Author Topic: Two Brothers Black Series (Updated)  (Read 13458 times)

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
Re: Two Brothers Black Series (Updated)
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 05:20:38 PM »
No way would she NOT notice. She is good with noticing stuff like that and would catch it right away if I did it.

And then you are caught in a lie too yet.    Good luck with that if it would happen  :hitfan:

Offline Boonedawg

• Arena
    • Jet Associates East
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2011, 05:07:49 AM »
Alright, I'm sold on a pipe probably the two brothers.  My question is what else do you NEED to do in order to get any benefit from replacing the potato launcher? 

Offline madcap

• Only slightly nuts
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 03:16:00 PM »
I also had an FZ1 before this with the P1X and the carbon fiber slip on - decided I liked the sound much better without, but then I like my pipes loud in general... Got the black series CF on my new 09 connie, and it's actually WAY quieter than the FZ1 was. The can is substantially longer, I can only assume that this added length takes out a lot of the volume. As soon as I hit the lottery, I plan on buying a slip on for an FZ1, and swapping out the can on the connie. Will keep you all posted on how that turns out!
Anything you say, can and will be misquoted and used against you.

2009 CR14 - Red (ish)

Son of Pappy

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2011, 04:08:28 PM »
Alright, I'm sold on a pipe probably the two brothers.  My question is what else do you NEED to do in order to get any benefit from replacing the potato launcher?
You dont "NEED" to do anything if all you add is a slip on, the cats are in the collector so adding a pipe wont free up much HP.  What you can do is yank the flies, add a PCV and get the low end torque that has been strangled by mama kaw.  If you want the full benefit of this motor get an Area P full pipe, PCV, Auto Tune, and pulled flies.  Filters are owner preferance, I went with the reuseable filter as the price between it and a stocker arent that far off and I can pull and reuse as I need to.  If your looking to go full monty naturally aspirated, get a ZX14 throttle bodie to compliment the auto tune ;D  I have the TBs, but I just havent had the time to do the swap.  Soon, soon.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2011, 08:46:51 PM »
Mike, I just ordered the repack kit for the can.  I easily have 20K miles on mine now, so we'll see if that quiets it down to where I like it.  If so, that p1x tip will be up for grabs.

Let me know how the repack goes, I may want to do mine too.

Offline Burbs

• 2009 ABS
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011, 04:30:06 PM »
Thank you for posting that up!!! I think I'm leaning towards the Two Brothers and I really like the sound of the second video. Do I need anything else with these pipes? With my old Multistrada, I needed a new ECU. I just want to make sure I'm all set before I order.

Thanks,

-Burbs

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2011, 07:04:51 PM »
Thank you for posting that up!!! I think I'm leaning towards the Two Brothers and I really like the sound of the second video. Do I need anything else with these pipes? With my old Multistrada, I needed a new ECU. I just want to make sure I'm all set before I order.

Thanks,

-Burbs

My understanding of it is you would install you slip-on and then give that information to whoever is reflashing your ECU.   Not sure if that is the situation only with the full exhaust system or also the slip-on but I believe I am correct.   If anyone else wants to chime in, that would be great.

Offline Tremainiac

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2011, 07:15:56 PM »
I just don't dig the checker board pattern on the 2bros carbon.
Sorry if  I offend.  :'(
Hey mister, my sister has a Harley 'just' like yours!!
2009 Concours 14, 2003 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
1980 Honda CM400 street tracker, Grubee Skyhawk

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Two Brothers Black Series
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2011, 07:51:33 PM »
man i need a noise maker on mine.....

??  Quieter = better.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2011, 08:14:29 PM »
??  Quieter = better.

I disagree, I like to hear my bikes, makes me feel all toasty inside!  :)

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2011, 01:14:48 PM »

I disagree, I like to hear my bikes, makes me feel all toasty inside!  :)

I don't want to ride a sewing machine, I like a little soulful growl even on a touring bike.