Author Topic: When fishing is like golf  (Read 2333 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
When fishing is like golf
« on: January 25, 2016, 01:19:07 PM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: When fishing is like golf
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 06:45:23 AM »
I've never been a serious fisherman.  Never looked at it as serious business.  If you catch one, great.  If not, great.  I just enjoyed being out there with my father in law, friends, etc.   Used to take the wife but she always caught the biggest fish...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 06:54:35 AM »
I've never been a serious fisherman.  Never looked at it as serious business.  If you catch one, great.  If not, great.  I just enjoyed being out there with my father in law, friends, etc.   Used to take the wife but she always caught the biggest fish...

I'm the same way with hunting. For me it's just an excuse to go camping in the fall. Thrilled not to have to gut an elk and drag it home. I have a brother who was a professional guide in Montana. The few times I went hunting with him I didn't get a shot. He felt bad but I tried to explain to him that it was never about shooting something. I had plenty of opportunity on cows, spikes even a moose once, but not on a legal bull which was the only tag I had. So for me I felt if it was a survival situation I could have brought home meat but was just fine not having done so.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 10:16:54 AM »
I always carry a yard sale stick or club in my bag just to play a hilarious trick on whoever I'm with.  Been doing it for years.  I do suck at golf though, but really do enjoy drinking beer while we walk the course.
 :rotflmao:
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington