Author Topic: Lookout VESPA  (Read 10067 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Lookout VESPA
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2012, 05:36:15 AM »

Trudat Sparky, wimenz pics always wins over scooters talk...  ;)

That's right! We're not that old, yet.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2012, 02:32:41 PM »
This thing will blow away the Suzuki Bergman and other high-end big CC scooter/motorcycles .....     on the sales floor and on the dyno

BMW haters gonna' hate  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2012, 02:37:22 PM »
 It had been years since the wife had her own bike and she decided she wanted to get back in the saddle. I had gotten her a nice used BMW 650. She just never felt confident on it and I think a lot of it had to do with using the clutch. We took a trip to Paris and she became interested in the scooters that were so prevelent there. When we came home, she started looking in to scooters. It just so happened that a local dealer had a used Yamaha Majesty 400 and she fell in love with it. So I sold the BMW and bought the Majesty. We've had it for 4 years now and she still loves it! I have to admit that it gives me an ear to ear grin when I ride it on occaision too. I keep telling her that I'm going to get a ticket on that thing before my C-14! From a stop, it just pulls forever with no shifting. I've had it over 85 and it was still stable at speed. The storage space on these things is amazing! A maxi scooter is viable fun economical transportation good enough to tour on. Don't believe the guys with manhood issues. I'm 6'2 and 235 lbs. and I have no such issues, I like our scooter.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2012, 03:11:13 PM »
It had been years since the wife had her own bike and she decided she wanted to get back in the saddle. I had gotten her a nice used BMW 650. She just never felt confident on it and I think a lot of it had to do with using the clutch. We took a trip to Paris and she became interested in the scooters that were so prevelent there. When we came home, she started looking in to scooters. It just so happened that a local dealer had a used Yamaha Majesty 400 and she fell in love with it. So I sold the BMW and bought the Majesty. We've had it for 4 years now and she still loves it! I have to admit that it gives me an ear to ear grin when I ride it on occaision too. I keep telling her that I'm going to get a ticket on that thing before my C-14! From a stop, it just pulls forever with no shifting. I've had it over 85 and it was still stable at speed. The storage space on these things is amazing! A maxi scooter is viable fun economical transportation good enough to tour on. Don't believe the guys with manhood issues. I'm 6'2 and 235 lbs. and I have no such issues, I like our scooter.

Yes sir, I enjoy a bigger CC scooter ride occasionally too, they are a blast to whip around.  The handling reminds me of a super-motard, if i had one of these scoots I'd take it to the track too  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline GeeBeav

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2012, 03:40:55 PM »
if i had one of these scoots I'd take it to the track too  :D
In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2012, 04:18:23 PM »

Offline booger

« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2012, 06:44:22 PM »

Word and ditto.......but I can see why it is ideal for some.

Most of the time I wonder why.  But remember scooters have two wheels.  And anything with two wheels is GOOD. ;)