Author Topic: power commander v failure  (Read 19968 times)

Bob

Re: power commander v failure
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 10:26:23 AM »
the fueling on my 09 is perfect .Dont know why anyone would want to alter it with PC.
 Is it just so you can run the noisemaker exhaust ? If so  that is some  expensive noise.

Because with the flies pulled, the motor actually has some low end power! Plus with the fuelmoto economy mapping. My fuel mileage went up along with the better low end power!

Offline Mighty

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 10:18:28 AM »
Customer Service at it's best.  Gotta love a company that is willing to work with a customer to solve any issues
I beg to differ.  It's June 28 and still no word from them.  I have called about 4 times and they simply tell me that it was shipped back to the manufacturer because they couldn't test it.  Let's see, michigan has 5 months of good riding and they have had mine for almost a month now..........I highly doubt I will put it back in should I ever get it or a replacemnt one back.  Last weekend I logged over 1,000 miles and averaged 44 MPG's riding about 80.  That is fantastic mileage for that speed.  The few miles I put on the bike with the PC, she averaged under 40.  True, it was cooler and the engine was tighter. And the bike runs really strong   :)
No Flies, PC V, BMC Air Filter, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber, Deep Tint Windshield, Gen Mar risers
Honda TRX700XX
Yamaha Warrior 1000cc 4 stroke Sled
68 Rag top Vette

Offline Mighty

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2011, 03:06:55 PM »
Update:  I called Fuel moto yet again and they said they would call the manufacturer and call me back.  Got a call back several hours later saying that dynojet couldn't find anything wrong but were sending me a new one anyways.........Nothing wrong but sending a new one?  Somethings fishy........Anyone want to buy it from me?  It will be brand new and supposidly loaded with Jamies map for a bike with no flies, better flowing filter and slip-on.
No Flies, PC V, BMC Air Filter, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber, Deep Tint Windshield, Gen Mar risers
Honda TRX700XX
68 Rag top Vette

Offline Supatramp

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2011, 04:24:20 PM »
How much you looking to get for it?

Offline firetruck41

• No pictures means No Posting
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2011, 06:56:01 PM »
about 6hp gain over stock, with a motor this big, I'll like stock. A deeper stock sound would be greatly appreciated.
2011 connie. silver
corbin seat on order
motorcycle larry lowers.murphys risers
Givi E55 mono-key. passenger peg lowers

Offline Mighty

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2011, 08:17:31 PM »
How much you looking to get for it?
A tech called from dynojet tonight (that's where the customer service really is) to let me know their intentions. He was confused why Fuel Moto had me send it to them in the first place knowing they couldn't troubleshoot it saying they should have had me sent it to him instead. He did say they could not find any issues what so ever but did say because mine failed for no apparent reason they were sending a replacement 2 day express siting a possible electronic gremlin. He also said I should see an improvment in fuel economy.  He looked at Jamies map and saw where he actually did remove fuel across the board.  He highly suggested I give it a try assuring I would be pleased and it would be reliable.  Based on his conversation I am going to give it a shot.
Honda TRX700XX
68 Rag top Vette

Offline Supatramp

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2011, 09:42:20 PM »
I don't blame you, let us know how their map performs

Offline Mighty

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2011, 08:57:52 PM »
Finally got my new replacement direct from dynojet today and I have to say it made a difference over stock.  The original must have been defective, it pulls really hard  8)
I grounded it directly to the battery just to play it safe.
Honda TRX700XX
68 Rag top Vette