Author Topic: Spent a week in Virginia  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Squishman

• Arena
Spent a week in Virginia
« on: May 21, 2012, 09:35:36 AM »
I didn't ride there, but I spent a week in Williamsburg, VA. Also visited Historic Jamestowne (birthplace of the USA) and Yorktown, including the actual battlefield where General Washington's Continental Army defeated the British. Also spent a day and a half in DC. Williamsburg was fun and informative, where they had actors in colonial get-ups roaming the streets recruiting for the army, etc. We took part in a mock-trial in the actual Williamsburg (British capitol in the Colonies) courthouse. No doubt that Thomas Jefferson and George Washington stepped foot in that small courthouse many times. Anyway, I was a delivery guy (they chose me for that, because that's what I do in real life) being sued in British court for destroying many barrels of tobacco by getting them wet whilst transporting them. No verdict as the judge suspended the matter until they had an opportunity to sample the tobacco. What a great, great week it was. Oh, and my lodging was paid for by my parents' time share at an awesome resort in Williamsburg. 
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 10:41:04 AM by Squishman »
Todd
Eagan, MN
Photos of my 1999 Conk: http://s751.photobucket.com/home/Squishman/index
Fav farkles: custom-cut Corbin Seat, Sonic 1.2's, Sisf's righteous carb work, Yamaha ATV bars, Spoofak, Rifle Shield, Stick Coils.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Spent a week in Virginia
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 10:03:55 AM »
Being sued would be the least of your problems.....wetting the King's tabacco...not good.  The stocks for you if I were in the jury.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Squishman

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 10:39:19 AM »
Being sued would be the least of your problems.....wetting the King's tabacco...not good.  The stocks for you if I were in the jury.
They did have stocks outside. Part of my defense in the script was that the plaintiff, a widow was "just an excitable woman".
Todd
Eagan, MN
Photos of my 1999 Conk: http://s751.photobucket.com/home/Squishman/index
Fav farkles: custom-cut Corbin Seat, Sonic 1.2's, Sisf's righteous carb work, Yamaha ATV bars, Spoofak, Rifle Shield, Stick Coils.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 10:44:37 AM »
They did have stocks outside. Part of my defense in the script was that the plaintiff, a widow was "just an excitable woman".

Aren't they all?    :P
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jim_de_hunter

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 07:29:43 PM »
Aren't they all?    :P

In Webster's it's the seventh definition listed: An irrationally excitable creature not unlike a Tasmanian devil. 

2006 ZG1000 "The Blue Monster"