Concours 1400 (C14) FAQ > C-14, aka Concours-14 GTR 1400

Question; 2010 or 2008? C14

<< < (2/5) > >>

connie14boy:

--- Quote from: Gabriel on October 16, 2018, 07:50:11 PM ---Hardly vague!
Don't try to read into this more than there is. I intentionally left it pointed because I did not need an opinion about price, so I included the only criteria I was concerned about including the problems with the 2010, there are no know problems with the 08 so i did not mention it.
Thanks for your answer

--- End quote ---

Gabriel, I would of course buy the '08, but only if it was ABS. I have an '09 ABS, find it superior in looks, and the heat is not a bother as long as the foams are intact, and you wear some boots.

Gabriel:

--- Quote from: connie14boy on October 16, 2018, 09:57:23 PM ---Gabriel, I would of course buy the '08, but only if it was ABS. I have an '09 ABS, find it superior in looks, and the heat is not a bother as long as the foams are intact, and you wear some boots.

--- End quote ---
This 08 does not have ABS, I have never owned a bike with ABS and I have owned over 75 of them. I would have to get used to ABS, I trail break and back-in occasionally, ABS might hair-lip me at first?
I can still get the foam inserts and on my 09 I even insulated the fuel tank because it got pretty warm.
I owned an 08 and an 09 and they looked the same to me except the 09 had a nice red color.
The 08 was faster, for whatever reason? If you opened the throttle in low gear the 09 would lift the front wheel about a foot maybe, but the 08 would flip over backwards if you stayed in it. The flies were swatted in the 09 also.
Thanks...

connie14boy:

--- Quote from: Gabriel on October 16, 2018, 10:16:18 PM ---This 08 does not have ABS, I have never owned a bike with ABS and I have owned over 75 of them. I would have to get used to ABS, I trail break and back-in occasionally, ABS might hair-lip me at first?
I can still get the foam inserts and on my 09 I even insulated the fuel tank because it got pretty warm.
I owned an 08 and an 09 and they looked the same to me except the 09 had a nice red color.
The 08 was faster, for whatever reason? If you opened the throttle in low gear the 09 would lift the front wheel about a foot maybe, but the 08 would flip over backwards if you stayed in it. The flies were swatted in the 09 also.
Thanks...

--- End quote ---

Hey Gabriel, a nice little surprise emerged on my '09 ABS when doing the mountain twisties- I found that my 'unlinked' ABS worked independently front and rear, and I could "back in" with the rear ABS brake w/o fear of high siding, and that would 'set up' and hunker down the front suspension for the next corner. Down hill with just the rear ABS brake and 3rd gear is amazing and really makes this fat lady boogie. But only on an '08, or '09 bike as the later '10 bikes with ABS are linked and really hard to use front and rear independently. Just another reason to look for a good early bike with ABS.

Gabriel:

--- Quote from: connie14boy on October 17, 2018, 06:54:48 AM ---Hey Gabriel, a nice little surprise emerged on my '09 ABS when doing the mountain twisties- I found that my 'unlinked' ABS worked independently front and rear, and I could "back in" with the rear ABS brake w/o fear of high siding, and that would 'set up' and hunker down the front suspension for the next corner. Down hill with just the rear ABS brake and 3rd gear is amazing and really makes this fat lady boogie. But only on an '08, or '09 bike as the later '10 bikes with ABS are linked and really hard to use front and rear independently. Just another reason to look for a good early bike with ABS.

--- End quote ---

I have no idea what that might be like but if I live long enough I will own a bike with ABS sooner or later.
I see that a lot of people do not like the linked abs starting on the 2010 model. I had a Gold Wing with linked brakes and it worked pretty good though I would prefer not to have linked brakes... thanks

Gabriel:
Well the 2010 bike is a no go, the dealer tried to pull some shenanigans so I took a pass.
But based on the response here I would be better off with a 08/09, so my concerns were answered.
Thanks for your response, it helped...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version