Author Topic: Audiovox cruise control  (Read 1992 times)

Offline So Cal Joe

Audiovox cruise control
« on: February 22, 2012, 01:32:56 PM »
A buddy has the audiovox cruise control on his 09 ST1300. I guess it doesn't matter what bike it's on but he has a problem. It works great except for when he starts to go down hill. It back off about 5 MPH and the RPM'S drop a couple hundred. He has no trouble keeping a constant speed on a straight road or going up a hill, just going down hill. He said there are switches on it that you set, ( I don't know anything about these switches because I don't have a cruise on my bike) anyway, for those of you that don't have a problem with your bike maintaining a speed, how are your switches set? Or do you have another idea what might be causing this problem

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once

Offline jayke

Re: Audiovox cruise control
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 02:41:57 PM »
He might just have too much slack in the cruise cable.  Have him take almost all the slack out of the audiovox servo cable.  Make sure the throttle still closes all the way.  Go for a ride.

If that doesn't work he can change the sensistivity settings.  Most bikes are set for medium, he can try the high setting.  The tradeoff is the bike will be jerky at low speeds.  He can run a gear higher than normal to soften the jerkyness

Read the audiovox manual over at murphs for the dip switch settings:

http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/docs/cc100_ins.pdf

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 05:59:34 PM »
Does it have an auxiliary vacuum reservoir? If not, murph has them.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline So Cal Joe

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 06:43:24 PM »
Thank you for the reply. I'll forward it to him
Yes he does have an auxiliary vacuum reservoir. The first one he made wasn't big enough so he made another one.

Offline stlheadake

• Probably not my smartest day...
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 07:01:58 PM »
He might just have too much slack in the cruise cable.  Have him take almost all the slack out of the audiovox servo cable.  Make sure the throttle still closes all the way.  Go for a ride.

If that doesn't work he can change the sensistivity settings.  Most bikes are set for medium, he can try the high setting.  The tradeoff is the bike will be jerky at low speeds.  He can run a gear higher than normal to soften the jerkyness

Read the audiovox manual over at murphs for the dip switch settings:

http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/docs/cc100_ins.pdf

I'll bet this is the problem.  If he DOES need the vacuum canister, send me a message.  I have one from when I was going to put in the Audiovox.  I have since put in the Rostra. 
What do you call those three wheeled Goldwings?....Chicken Wings

08 C14 WOW what a bike!
00 XR650r Hare Scrambler

Offline So Cal Joe

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 07:42:46 AM »
I'll bet this is the problem.  If he DOES need the vacuum canister, send me a message.  I have one from when I was going to put in the Audiovox.  I have since put in the Rostra.
Thank you, I sent him the information. If he wants it I'll get back to you. Thanks again for the help