Author Topic: Flat tire times three!!!  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Scaffolder

Flat tire times three!!!
« on: May 31, 2012, 03:55:01 AM »
On my commute home Tuesday afternoon I must have run over some nasty road debris. I never saw anything. My TPS Sensor lit up and read 30 - 22 - 14 - 6 in under a quarter mile. I pulled over as quickly and safely as I could from 90ish mph. I found three seperate holes in my rear tire. Plugged them up and was on my way after about fourty min. A big thank you to the tatoo artist that stopped to see if I was all good and for letting me use his bicycle pump.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Kawi Ken

Re: Flat tire times three!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 04:27:32 AM »
 For future these mini pumps are small to carry . I picked one up the other day to have onboard.
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4573/
2009 C-14 Fast Color !
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.
http://youtu.be/jrFJQwYFJWw

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 06:32:51 AM »
On my commute home Tuesday afternoon I must have run over some nasty road debris. I never saw anything. My TPS Sensor lit up and read 30 - 22 - 14 - 6 in under a quarter mile. I pulled over as quickly and safely as I could from 90ish mph. I found three seperate holes in my rear tire. Plugged them up and was on my way after about fourty min. A big thank you to the tatoo artist that stopped to see if I was all good and for letting me use his bicycle pump.

Glad to hear it, plugs save the day indeed
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 08:07:27 PM »
Thanks for the info. I had the plugs just no air. lol.
My tire insurance is going to replace the tire for free again. What a great plan Zurich Insurance has when you buy a new bike. $330 for 5 year unlimited mileage tire rim coverage against road hazzards. Cheap piece of mind. Labor included.
Joel from Maine.