Author Topic: Dirt bike riding w/ a Concours  (Read 923 times)

Offline Danger4u2

Dirt bike riding w/ a Concours
« on: March 16, 2021, 05:31:30 PM »
Hello from Okc.  I was a COG member for many years with my 2002 "Silver Damm It" gen one Concours.
I liked that bike. Did my first Iron Butt ride on it.

I'm really into 2 stroke 500's. 
I've had 2 CR500's but over the years I sold them keeping my KX500's.
I've gone thru many bikes since the Concours, settling with a 2011 BMW R1200 GSA, an old 95 Kawasaki Voyager and a 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250 with low miles, in disrepair.  I fixed the Ninja for friends to ride.  I broke the transmission on the GSA a few years ago.  I found a used trans, need to find the time to fix it.  The GSA was my fix for going fast. So I'm down to the dirt bikes, and don't get me wrong, they are fun but lets get back to the street.  Voyager...Ninja 250....fun but B-O-R-I-N-G.
So here I am just before Covid and my friend Cole calls me.  "Hey, man.  You won't believe this bike I just bought, it's a Kawasaki Concours 14."  He's a great guy, been riding 7 years or better but only on a KLR650. I've let him ride my bikes so he invited me to ride his C14.  I was hooked. Had to have one.  I've been using Search Tempest to search Craigslist.  Found a nice deal in Dallas but it sold before I could get my act together.  Now with cash in hand I'm doing a hardcore search.
I'm willing to drive 10/15 hours for the right bike.  I found it last week.  Odessa Tx. A blue 2017 for $10,000.
Kelly Blue Book was $10,195.  Here's the Crème de la Crème...3,123 miles with many add on's.
My screen name comes from the KX500 that hurt me real bad in late 2004. 
"If you can start it you can ride it but remember, It's Danger4u2."
KX500 is Danger4u2

Offline Danger4u2

Re: Dirt bike riding w/ a Concours
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 05:47:05 PM »
I think it was a good buy...
2017 Kawasaki Concours 1400 - excellent condition - 3200 miles. Garage kept, never dropped or wrecked, one owner. Runs Perfectly. ABS, Heated Grips, electronic adjustable windscreen. Matching Kawasaki Hard Bags, Clean/Clear Title. Very fast, smooth and comfortable.

Numerous upgrades on the bike make it the perfect hyper-touring set up!:
- Stream Windshield
- Pathfinder LED lights
- Bar end throttle lock
- Garmin Zumo 595 GPS
- Quad Lock wireless phone charger
- Radar Detector mount
- Two Brothers Black Series slip on
- Ivan's Performance Computer Tune
- Givi top-case mount
- Handlebar Risers
- Battery Tender
KX500 is Danger4u2

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 03:20:53 AM »
Welcome, sounds like a good buy with all those addons already done.
Do you plan to tow the MX bikes with the C14?
I competed in my late teens on a KTM250GS (circuit & enduro) and before that on a Suzi RM125.
Haven't ridden dirt since the early 80s though and that was on an XR600R.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 04:59:03 AM »
Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.