Author Topic: c14 stock handlebars (or LSL conversion kit)  (Read 1098 times)

Offline misterprofessionality

c14 stock handlebars (or LSL conversion kit)
« on: May 10, 2021, 07:02:57 PM »
I have a 2012 model that i just picked up with Heli Horizon ST bars on it and....i really don't like them. I get why everybody wants them but to me they're really hindering the handling of the bike in corners and the stability and higher lean angles. ruins my body position.

Anyway.  I would like to go back to the stock bars since i've ridden this bike with stock bars before and i remember it being much more agreeable. If anybody has a set complete with all the nuts and bolts and whatnot I would need I would give consideration to any offers. The sale of the Heli bars should fund it nicely  :P

Also open to any aftermarket LSL kits, because i'm interested in having bars that actually a little lower and especially wider than the stock configuration if possible.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: c14 stock handlebars (or LSL conversion kit)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 07:48:42 PM »
I wonder if the stock bars from an 08 would work with a 2012?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline misterprofessionality

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 07:57:24 PM »
haha, i just bought this bike...i'm not the person to ask.  but let's dive in:

The kawasaki part number for my handlebar holder, referenced on partzilla, is 46012a (rh) and 46012 (lh)

The number for the 08 model appears to be the same. 

The same goes for the handlebar that fits into them. (46003)

so it would appear that since they use the same part numbers those bits match up.

Offline Diablo6v

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 02:44:23 PM »
I have a set of stock bars from an '09 I'm willing to part with. how's $30 plus shipping sound?