Author Topic: Mystery piece found, who can identify it?  (Read 4861 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Mystery piece found, who can identify it?
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 12:03:56 PM »
Unbelievable- is that how they are really supposed to install? Amazing because mine have been sitting there with the radius facing 'up' for the last 60K + miles. Your way does make sense though and I can see where the bumpers of the seat have been resting on the 'top' of those bumpers. Makes me wonder what I have been sitting on for the last four years or so (easy boys!).

Thanks Conrad!

Brian

No wonder your butt hurt after being in the sadle for almost 48 hours!  :o   lol

That's the way they came from the factory, I'm not saying they're right mind you.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 12:05:06 PM »
I always knew you were installing them wrong.  ::) I didn't tell you because you won't take me with you on long trips. I hope your butt still hurts. 

Kirby

Careful Kirby, or you just might be the next bumper under the seat.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline okxd45

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2011, 12:22:50 PM »
Yes.......thnks for the pics.  Pretty sure I had mine upside down.  Maybe I won't slide into the tank quite as easily. ;)
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)