Author Topic: Just My 'Magination, Runnin' Away.........  (Read 4894 times)

Offline royal

Just My 'Magination, Runnin' Away.........
« on: July 19, 2011, 04:37:49 PM »

Just got my 2010 back from the dealer.  It was in for new tires (Went with PR2s), 7500 mile service, and inspection.  I had them re torque the header bolts and engine mounts.  They also sync'd the throttle bodies, among the other various things they do for a 7500 mile service.

Anyway, point is, this bike is soooooo much smoother now.  I can't believe it's just my imagination, it really is much smoother.  I don't know if it's the new tires, the throttle bodies or the re torque of the bolts, and to be honest, I don't much care.  Whatever it is, I'm pretty freakin' happy, at the moment.  I'm sure the phone will ring or someone will stop by and give me some bad news about something, but until then....Wooohooo !!!

Royal
The Road Goes On Forever....

Offline blanton

• Rural East TEXAS
Re: Just My 'Magination, Runnin' Away.........
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 04:46:31 PM »
royal, probably a combination of all.. But to have something get better when you think it could not is truely a WARM and FUZZEY feeling.....Enjoy it because we all know these are rare.........blanton
77 KZ900 (still riding) 05 C10, 2010 C14

Offline Conhardcore

• 2011 Concours 14 Black
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 04:57:09 PM »
Love these kind of posts!  I know that feeling!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 09:45:49 PM »
Sweet, 2 Mick posts in one day, I love it!!  :thumbs:

This is for you Conrad...  8) 

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 10:55:49 PM »
You should check this thread out.  Its all in your head!

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=2245.0

The only thing that is true, is that Black C14 is the fastest, ain't no Magination!
2009 Black Kawasaki Concours 14
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline Conrad

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 05:15:36 AM »
Sweet, 2 Mick posts in one day, I love it!!  :thumbs:

This is for you Conrad...  8) 

8)

You sure that was a Mick post? I'm thinking that it was more of a Temptations post. Either way, it's good.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Leo

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 07:58:48 AM »
I still run the old bike, but well sych'ed carbs make a world of difference.  The perception of smoothness is also magnified by quiet, so if your head pipes were leaking enough to hear, making that leak quiet will make the bike seem smoother also.  I am glad that you are enjoying your bike.   
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 09:28:55 AM »
8)

You sure that was a Mick post? I'm thinking that it was more of a Temptations post. Either way, it's good.

Rolling Stones - Just My Imagination - Live '81 Hampton

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 10:00:35 AM »

Rolling Stones - Just My Imagination - Live '81 Hampton

Oh I know that the Stones covered that song, it's on the Some Girls album. GREAT album!!!

When I hear someone mention Just My Imagination I first think of the Temptations is all.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline okxd45

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 12:23:50 PM »
Just got my 2010 back from the dealer.  It was in for new tires (Went with PR2s), 7500 mile service, and inspection.  I had them re torque the header bolts and engine mounts.  They also sync'd the throttle bodies, among the other various things they do for a 7500 mile service.

Anyway, point is, this bike is soooooo much smoother now.  I can't believe it's just my imagination, it really is much smoother.  I don't know if it's the new tires, the throttle bodies or the re torque of the bolts, and to be honest, I don't much care.  Whatever it is, I'm pretty freakin' happy, at the moment.  I'm sure the phone will ring or someone will stop by and give me some bad news about something, but until then....Wooohooo !!!

Royal

Cool, I'm at 6400 so it wont be much longer.  Didn't realize so much gets done on the 7500 mil service.  Good to hear it turned out so well!  Hope mine does too! 
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 03:48:03 PM »
Love these kind of posts!  I know that feeling!

I love these posts, but only when a useful subject is selected....
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline stewart

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 08:02:15 PM »
Did you ask for the TB's to be Sync'd and the engine mounts etc to be torqued?

I just had my 7500 service and they didn't do this. In fact they said they do the TB's next service.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline Mighty

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 08:50:47 PM »
You guys pay to have this stuff done??
No Flies, PC V, BMC Air Filter, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber, Deep Tint Windshield, Gen Mar risers
Honda TRX700XX
Yamaha Warrior 1000cc 4 stroke Sled
68 Rag top Vette

Offline stewart

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 08:58:22 PM »
I do!!

I don't have the time or tools. And when I do have the time I'd rather be riding than wrenching.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 09:01:20 PM »
You guys pay to have this stuff done??

+1

baffling phenomenom
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Mighty

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 09:28:13 PM »
I enjoy maintaining/wrenching as much as riding.  Plus there's something about knowing the job was done right  8)
No Flies, PC V, BMC Air Filter, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber, Deep Tint Windshield, Gen Mar risers
Honda TRX700XX
Yamaha Warrior 1000cc 4 stroke Sled
68 Rag top Vette

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 10:05:41 PM »
I enjoy maintaining/wrenching as much as riding.  Plus there's something about knowing the job was done right  8)

I wish I had your skills Mighty (or you were my neighbor), anything I try to wrench on seems to never work out and results in me paying somebody to fix what I jacked up...  :(

Offline stewart

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 05:20:31 AM »
Mighty,

I enjoy it as well, I was just commenting on what have to do versus what I'd like to do. My job requires me to travel a lot, so when I get home its family 1st, wife 2nd, myself last, riding after last.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline royal

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 09:26:32 AM »

Stewart,

I did not ask my dealer to synch the throttle bodies.  My dealer just does it at the 7500 mile service.  I did specifically ask them to re torque the header bolts and the engine mounts because I had heard of others having a problem with these becoming loose.  The dealer told me they would have checked them regardless if I had specifically asked.  I have no idea if it matters or not, but the owners of my dealership are also competitive racers.  They seem to take servicing bikes very seriously and always go the extra step.  One of the big reasons I went with Kawasaki was because of this dealership.  I have a Triumph, BMW, Harley, Suzuki, Honda, and a Kawasaki dealership all within ten miles of my house.  So, I have a lot of choices when it comes to bikes.  My Kawasaki dealership just seemed a notch above the others and to me, that is important.  That and the fact that I don't think there is another bike out there that offers so much for the price.  However, my mind might change when the "New" Triumph Trophy comes out.  That looks like it might be a winner.

Royal
The Road Goes On Forever....

Offline okxd45

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 09:27:59 AM »

I wish I had your skills Mighty (or you were my neighbor), anything I try to wrench on seems to never work out and results in me paying somebody to fix what I jacked up...  :(

I'm in the same boat......wouldn't have the time anyway.
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)