Author Topic: Display went ape s@#t!  (Read 5557 times)

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
Re: Display went ape s@#t!
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 08:35:44 PM »
Got it replaced. All good. However, I have 0 mile on my bike   ;D. I asked the dealer if they not 'burn' the original miles on the meter or put a sticker somewhere on the bike to say it has more miles than what it has.....the answer was 'no'.

I wonder what I should say to the future buyer about the milage?   ::)
2009 Black Kawasaki Concours 14
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline vivo

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 10:16:09 PM »
Wont the service record indicate that the bike was serviced at xxxx miles? It's documented that you took the bike in for warranty work and I'm sure the mileage was noted on the service record...

vivo

Offline TRBN

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 10:16:57 PM »
Got it replaced. All good. However, I have 0 mile on my bike   ;D. I asked the dealer if they not 'burn' the original miles on the meter or put a sticker somewhere on the bike to say it has more miles than what it has.....the answer was 'no'.

You sign the title stating the actual mileage when selling the bike.  If you don't disclose the actual mileage and its discovered you concealed it, it can be quite the fine and potential jail time.  I believe they put it under the "fraud" umbrella of offenses....

Aaron

Offline SimonSaysDie

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 10:32:24 PM »

As long as you disclose it when you sell it you're fine.

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 10:48:20 PM »
Wont the service record indicate that the bike was serviced at xxxx miles? It's documented that you took the bike in for warranty work and I'm sure the mileage was noted on the service record...

vivo

If I sell it 3 year from now to a guy live in a different state, who would find out?  I am not saying I am going to do that, but it seems that this process (replacing the meter) has some holes in it.  That's all.
2009 Black Kawasaki Concours 14
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 03:35:19 AM »
Got it replaced. All good. However, I have 0 mile on my bike   ;D . I asked the dealer if they not 'burn' the original miles on the meter or put a sticker somewhere on the bike to say it has more miles than what it has.....the answer was 'no'.

Tell the truth.  It's no big deal. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.