Author Topic: Got my Connie today!!!  (Read 7596 times)

Offline slickcdb2000

Got my Connie today!!!
« on: June 03, 2011, 10:41:01 PM »
Well it finally happened, I brought the new love of my life home!  Rode her for the first time today as well.  Coming from strictly sport bikes this is a completely different bike in almost all ways except raw power!  I'm in love with it!!!!  Way more smooth that I was ever expecting! 

Now to end the story on a bad/funny/wtf moment.  Loading her up on the trailer at the dealer, this woman thought she knew everything there was to strapping a bike down insisted that she do it.  Well what do you know, tightening down on one side the other side took the bike with it!!!  She blamed it on my straps, that btw has strapped a many of bike down and not once have any of them broke!  Anyways I stand it back up and luckily there was only a tiny mark on it.  If it was a brand new bike I would have raised hell, but I shrugged it off and said o well.  I'm getting it painted asap anyways another big reason I didn't get upset.  Maybe next time she'll pay more attention on what she's doing :P :P

Got a ride already planned through arkansas!  I'll post some pics of her when I get back home, gotta get my beauty rest so I can try and tame this beast tomorrow.  One good way to try is second time you ride it put about a thousand miles on it!!!

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
Re: Got my Connie today!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 07:04:34 AM »
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the official nut house for members of this breed.

BUT you took advice from a WOMAN on tying down your bike?  :o  That's the strangest thing I may have ever heard here. Look what it got you!

What are you, married or something?

Flathead

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 07:07:03 AM »
Congrats and welcome aboard!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 07:15:14 AM »
Welcome!

Your 'new' bike fell over on the trailer because this women was doing YOUR job?   :o    ;D
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 07:59:40 AM »
You might want to tell us the name of this dealer, so that others may be forewarned..... I know if it was MY bike that I was loading, I might let her assist in cinching up the tiedown straps, but that's about it!

By the way, why couldn't you ride it home????
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline slickcdb2000

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 07:06:16 PM »
Had a great weekend and some very good first impressions of the connie!  Rode close to 1000 miles on her, all stock but a 2 bros slip on.  Definitely need a new saddle and windshield for sure!!!  Other than that she was great!!!! 

I had to trailer her because I sold my old bike and had to deliver it to the new owner, on the way back picked up the connie. 

Offline Shoe

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 07:11:19 PM »
Welcome.
Eat corn. Drill for oil.

2008 Concours, 2010 Goldwing

Offline jjsC6

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 07:14:59 PM »
Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the official nut house for members of this breed.

BUT you took advice from a WOMAN on tying down your bike?  :o  That's the strangest thing I may have ever heard here. Look what it got you!

What are you, married or something?

I wouldn't take advice from a man either on tying down my bike unless I knew his credentials first hand.
Jim
2010 Concours - Sold Feb 2013
Current bikes....
2011 Ninja 1000, 2013 BMW 1600 GT, 2012 Ducati Panigale

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 07:21:20 PM »
Well it finally happened, I brought the new love of my life home!  Rode her for the first time today as well.  Coming from strictly sport bikes this is a completely different bike in almost all ways except raw power!  I'm in love with it!!!!  Way more smooth that I was ever expecting! 

Now to end the story on a bad/funny/wtf moment.  Loading her up on the trailer at the dealer, this woman thought she knew everything there was to strapping a bike down insisted that she do it.  Well what do you know, tightening down on one side the other side took the bike with it!!!  She blamed it on my straps, that btw has strapped a many of bike down and not once have any of them broke!  Anyways I stand it back up and luckily there was only a tiny mark on it.  If it was a brand new bike I would have raised hell, but I shrugged it off and said o well.  I'm getting it painted asap anyways another big reason I didn't get upset.  Maybe next time she'll pay more attention on what she's doing :P :P

Got a ride already planned through arkansas!  I'll post some pics of her when I get back home, gotta get my beauty rest so I can try and tame this beast tomorrow.  One good way to try is second time you ride it put about a thousand miles on it!!!
what year connie is it?
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 07:25:31 PM »
Congrats and welcome to the madness!

Offline ssmith

• Concours Owners Group
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 08:10:35 PM »
Welcome to connie ownership...
Steve Smith, COG #3184
Get your own official COG # by joining the Concours Owners Group, the premier sport-touring club for Concours enthusiasts and sport-touring riders.  Click here to learn more about club membership

Offline Irish-14

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 08:22:45 PM »
You'll soon find out a rule around here, without pics...it doesn't exist ;D We want to know year, color, and for God's sake, a picture please. Welcome.....and....Go Irish!

Offline slickcdb2000

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 09:09:31 AM »
It is a 08.  And I love it!!!  I cant wait to start adding the farkles to it!!!!!!!

Here is a pic, not much to look at now.  but soon she will be a looker!!!

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 09:11:52 AM »
It is a 08.  And I love it!!!  I cant wait to start adding the farkles to it!!!!!!!

Whaddya mean not much to look at?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 09:21:38 AM »

She looks damn pretty to me!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline slickcdb2000

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 10:43:02 AM »
Lol... she is a beauty dont get me wrong.  I guess i'm saying there isn't too many farkles to oogle over yet!!

Here is a pic from out arkansas ride.  I stole the sheepsking pad from my uncle on the black HD.  It helped me make it through the 900 mile ride!!!!

Offline koval68

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 08:35:37 PM »
Congrats and Welcome!
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 11:16:19 AM »
Welcome Slick!

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 02:48:31 PM »
So........Did you mod it yet?

;D

Offline metzgerf16

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2011, 04:46:47 PM »
Good lookin' ride.  Smart move buying used...more money for farkles.
"You serious, Clark?"
'09 Red Concours- Sargent seat, Area-P exhaust, BMC filter, PC-V, flies out, PR2's, Murph's risers
'06 Ninja zx10r- Dear tiny baby Jesus, it's fast!