Author Topic: Cee Baileys Euro Tour dark tint - arrived and installed!  (Read 21338 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Cee Baileys Euro Tour dark tint - arrived and installed!
« on: April 14, 2012, 10:04:12 PM »
Can anyone tell me why the top of the "euro tour" is different than all the other cuts?? Anyone know what the purpose of that cut is? Are the higher sides vs middle supposed to reduce beffeting or pressure or just for looks or ??  ???

I chewed about 6 hours of hwy slab today ( :'( ) and for that type of ride another couple inches would have been nice, I currently have the mini euro and always love it (I don't typically chew that much hwy), but for chewing straight hwy I'm thinking of also picking up another one a couple inches taller, I'm debating between the "mini domed sport", "euro tour", & "ultra tour" but am noticing the different top cut on the euro tour compared to the others and courios why it's different...

Any feedback appreciated...

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:01:11 PM by ZG »

Offline Gsun

Re: CeeBaileys shield question - different top cut, why?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 10:19:38 PM »
It's to rest your nose on.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 10:28:41 PM »

Son of Pappy

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 02:22:16 AM »
My shield is the Euro Tour, I don't like looking through a shield and the top cut is just right, I left the upper part unpainted for when it's down and I'm in that stop and go crap.  Not that it matters to black bikes, but it is good for 135ish mid way up ;D

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 04:10:10 AM »
I have a tall torso and short legs for my height (6'). I also have 3" of rise and about 2" of pull back on the bars. I like to sit mostly straight up. I have the ultra tour domed and I love it. At the first auto height setting it is perfect for me. I can still see over the top and zero buffeting on me. When it start raining or a lot of wind I can put it higher and keep mostly dry behind it. The big issue is when you want to open her up, then I put it all the way down and I still worry about the strength of the mechanism when in triple digits. I have had the CB windshield to 130 with no ill effects but I wonder if I was just lucky.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 04:12:30 AM »
And BTW, at the top there is a slight lip. The last inch and a half of the shield is curved forward slightly. I believe this helps with buffeting and may account for the different shapes.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 06:25:10 AM »
Jay, you might want to ask the CB people.  I don't see why they wouldn't let you know.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 06:42:52 AM »
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the "euro cut" is different because if it wasn't different, it wouldn't be "euro cut", it'd be "domed".  ;)  I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.....
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 06:44:55 AM »
So the Europeans like a little swag in their cut?  Is that what yer sayin but not?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 06:47:45 AM »
I'm debating between the "mini domed sport", "euro tour", & "ultra tour" but am noticing the different top cut on the euro tour compared to the others and courios why it's different...

Wow, the shape guide is a bit misleading.  On the guide, the euro  looks like it is concave. If you look at the photos on a bike

you realize it is more of a straight cut.

It is unfortunate they don't include/show the STOCK windshield in the lineup!   (I just Emailed them that suggestion, along with pointing out the grammar errors).  I suspect the domed version is a compromise to get some additional helmet-only coverage without adding more pressure everywhere to the shield.

I sit pretty tall, even though I am not a tall person.  My main problem with the stock 2nd gen windshield is that if I run it all the way to the top, it creates a huge pressure on my back.  It almost "glues" my jacket to my back, which I find rather uncomfortable.  So at highway speeds I find I have to lower the shield about 1.5".  But when I do that, it doesn't fully protect my face shield.  So I can't "win".  Anyone else notice that?  I wonder if their shields address those issues.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 07:07:56 AM »
Wow, that picture is really misleading. It almost looks like the same windscreen in each of the photos. Notice the one on the left is raised an inch or two.

The chart above and the picture are definitively telling different stories.

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 07:11:28 AM »
I have a Euro Cut as well as a stock 08 and 10 shields.  The euro cut is somewhat flatter across the top and wider than the others.  Being 5'10" once the (stock c bailey height) euro shield is over halfway up, I'm looking through it.  the 4 inch wider part of the design blocks a lot of the air from keeping  a person cool. It reminds me of riding behind one of the old windjammer fairings from the 80's.  I also pick up a slight weave at high (130 plus) speeds.

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 07:37:49 AM »
I want to mention, I've ridden both the ultra tour vs. the cal sci large back to back and think the cal sci is way superior in terms of a cleaner air flow.  The CeeBaily is definitely better than stock, no doubt about it.  But not as good as teh Cal Sci, IMO.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 07:49:07 AM »
The problem with any of these shields is that if you change the way you sit (add an aftermarket seat) or change your posture (risers or change in bars) it affects how you sit in the airflow around the shield.  My CB Euro was great until I got my Russell which raised me up (I'm 5'10).  It's still good but not the quiet I used to have.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 08:19:18 AM »
The problem with any of these shields is that if you change the way you sit (add an aftermarket seat) or change your posture (risers or change in bars) it affects how you sit in the airflow around the shield.  My CB Euro was great until I got my Russell which raised me up (I'm 5'10).  It's still good but not the quiet I used to have.

Yeah, unfortunately, to make any real comparisons to other peoples' experiences, you need to know sitting height, seat height, arm length, and handlebar position.  None of those metrics are easy to obtain.  People just say their standing height, which is mostly meaningless.  :(
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 09:04:33 AM »
True.  You would really have to switch shields to really know.  That might be an idea, have a get together to swap out shields....I'm talking the VA boys.  Maybe have a cookout at my house.   Well, the MD people could come as well.  I'm pretty close to them.

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 06:59:52 PM »
I'd be up for that. I'm in Fredericksburg.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 07:52:29 PM »
I'd be up for that. I'm in Fredericksburg.

Man, there are a lot of Virginians in this forum.   We need to find someone in the center, Richmond, and have a "Concours Day" there...

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 08:06:42 PM »
The CeeBaily is definitely better than stock, no doubt about it.  But not as good as teh Cal Sci, IMO.

I bought both a CB and CS at the same time a half dozen months ago, the CB IMO is a much better shield in terms of quality (again IMO), the CS thickness is about half that of a CB... I ended up selling the CS, so not looking to go that direction NC99...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 04:43:45 AM »
Man, there are a lot of Virginians in this forum.   We need to find someone in the center, Richmond, and have a "Concours Day" there...

:offtopic:   and it's my fault, however that may not be a bad idea...maybe a hair north of Richmond in Ashland.  There's a Cracker Barrel there.  We could swap shields and then go for a ride somewhere.  PM me if anyone is interested and I'll start a thread in the rides area.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.