Author Topic: Any rumored changes for 14?  (Read 36473 times)

Offline Cuda

Re: Any rumored changes for 14?
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2013, 04:36:16 PM »
I paid a pubick hair over $12,000 for my new bike with a three year warranty that I'll never use BECAUSE it is NOT a BMW ;)
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Cuda

« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2013, 04:37:54 PM »
Here's one for you :D If you Google problems they talk about what the problems are, the link does not show the messages
 url=http://youtu.be/qF6PIK6Jpg4]http://youtu.be/qF6PIK6Jpg4[/url]

http://youtu.be/BpQMZGy_Lkc
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 07:56:19 PM by Cuda »
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2013, 05:09:48 PM »
I want reverse, is that too much to ask for big ole heavy bikes like this? How hard would this be to do, it runs off the dang starter motor........GOLDWING.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2013, 05:17:19 PM »
Let it out Jim. Not good to keep it all inside.

Yeah, really... tell us how you REALLY feel!

Quite!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 06:54:13 PM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2013, 05:51:31 PM »
I want reverse, is that too much to ask for big ole heavy bikes like this? How hard would this be to do, it runs off the dang starter motor........GOLDWING.

Few people on the Forum can claim shorter legs than I, meaning I have probably the least amount of control and leverage when trying to "force" the bike around manually.  But even I have never been stuck in a situation I needed reverse on the C14.... yet.

However, it is not hard to imagine a situation where I would be quite stuck without it.   Make no mistake- if I were parked pointing downhill and with no way to go forward, I would probably be very screwed.  I had a hard enough time with the ZRX in such a situation, but it becomes impossible on the C14 which is much heavier and larger (and taller).

Currently, the key is planning ahead so as not to be put in such a situation.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2013, 06:05:22 PM »
There is always the option to just get off, and push it the manual way standing beside the bike......

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2013, 06:14:05 PM »
There is always the option to just get off, and push it the manual way standing beside the bike......

True and yet not necessarily.... depends on the incline.  Some of us are stronger than others.  Besides, pushing a bike backwards (presumably from the front) is a lot more difficult than pushing it forward (presumably from behind the bars).  Admittedly, I don't have much experience with either.  I guess it could be done from the side (one hand on bars, one hand on rear grab).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc