Author Topic: Satellite Radio  (Read 14521 times)

Offline chap

Re: Satellite Radio
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2015, 01:20:16 PM »
Here are photos of my XM Radio install. Seems to work pretty well.
2010 Concours ABS = Blue
2003 Concours - Red (sold)

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2015, 02:02:56 PM »
Here are photos of my XM Radio install. Seems to work pretty well.

Cool ... thanks Chap!

Mike
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline BigEdPVD

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2016, 01:03:31 PM »
XM Skydock plugged into a 2nd lighter plug.  Downside, no where NEAR weather proof, and you have to run a headphone cord to it.  Upside...dock is only $15 on amazon right now and uses ipod touch or iphone4 as the "radio"

"You've seen it, you've HEARD it, and you're still asking questions?!?"
"Yeah, when do we go for a RIDE!?!?"

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2016, 01:16:13 PM »
I installed mine in my tank bag. I also have my GPS in the tank bag. I ran power to the bag and also have multiple charging ports for my various devices. ( phone, tablet, etc)
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

sailor_chic

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2016, 06:33:44 PM »
All these jabs at Hardley's and I didnt see this thread until now. At least Im caught up now. Thanks for the entertainment gents.

Mike, tell them about your new camera/etc that someone recommended for you.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2016, 06:40:49 PM »
All these jabs at Hardley's and I didnt see this thread until now. At least Im caught up now. Thanks for the entertainment gents.

Oh, the camera...of course! I was at home when a "little bird" texted me and told me about a helmet camera being sold on Indigogo as a pre-order. There was some "early bird" opportunities on Indigogo for this camera and I jumped on board right away. The camera is called "Mohawk" and it is pretty sweet! Instead of going into all the details just Google "Fusar" and you will find their information. I'm really looking forward to getting this for my helmet...thanks little bird ;)!
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2016, 03:34:20 AM »

All in good fun and nobody's flipping out about it.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2016, 06:11:22 AM »
Periodically I enjoy riding my motorcycles that are laden with chrome and unencumbered by technology.  8)
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2016, 09:34:28 AM »
Periodically I enjoy riding my motorcycles that are laden with chrome and unencumbered by technology.  8)

Back in June my brother were on our road trip and while in South Dakota he went in to the Harley dealer for a front tire and came out with a brand new Road Glide. So, seeing that he had the "latest and greatest", I had to ride it. I now know what it's like to ride a paint shaker...that thing was ROUGH! Our Concours runs "smooth as butter" compared to the Harley and the riding position on our Concours is much more comfortable. When on his Road Glide I was on a paint shaker and me knees were in my chest...not much fun. I rode it for about 2 miles and was done...gave it back to him and have no desire to ride another one. Now, I am sure they ALL aren't like that but the Road Glide was no fun to ride IMHO...I'll stick with the Concours!

Funny this is the sales guy at the Rapid City dealership tried hard to get me on a Harley. He was trying to convince me that the riding position on the Harley Road Glide was much more comfortable than a bike like my Concours...he's CRAZY! There's no way that thing is more comfortable, at least for me!
Mike
Ojai, CA