Author Topic: touring pants  (Read 7538 times)

Offline speed545

touring pants
« on: May 28, 2011, 07:48:05 AM »
Hey guys,

there was an interesting thread on the previous forum before it crashed. I m about to get my first real pair of bike pants. There s stuff out there from 100 to 300$.

Just cant make a decision :o

I m lookin for textile vented since i already have a pair for colder weather (winteck  product)

I found those but not sure yet. Price seems realley good.

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/last_chance_bargains/first_gear/mesh_tex_2_mesh_motorcycle_pants.html
08, Concours 14
Montreal Fire Dept

Offline Tarheelbob

Re: touring pants
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 08:04:55 AM »
The Firstgear Mesh-Tex 2.0 pants have been mentioned favorably in every discussion of motorcycle pants I have ever read on any motorcycle forum. I have friends who have them and they all really like them.

At this price point, they are one of the true bargains in motorcycle clothes. Good product. Outstanding price.
When life hands you lemons, go get the tequila and salt.

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 08:43:06 AM »
First Gear is good but I've been looking at the new Fly Racing vented pants. Just out. Lots of features, pockets, adjustability. About $140 at my dealer.

Fly Racing is the brand name for gear from Western Power Sports, one of the big distributors. They've got a new line of street gear just now coming out.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 10:11:31 AM »
With 500 denier "Hypertex"... ie... nylon... make sure and wear something under them, other than just undies... if you hit pavement and slide, they can melt, if not worse... and if you don't have anything under them, you see where the melting will stick.  :o
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline marku8a

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 11:06:57 AM »
I have these Tourmaster Venture Air Pants. They are mesh with a zip out liner and rain liner. Pretty good for hot and clod weather...

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/catalog/Venture-Air-Pant-p-227_4.html
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 07:22:18 PM »
I have these Tourmaster Venture Air Pants. They are mesh with a zip out liner and rain liner. Pretty good for hot and clod weather...

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/catalog/Venture-Air-Pant-p-227_4.html

+1 Wore a pair all winter and have yet to add the quilted liners.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline XHarleyRider

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 03:30:11 AM »
I have the Air Venture pants also.  I love them but in the summer they are so well ventilated that I get a lot of heat on my right leg.  So, I switched to a pair of Cortech Kevlar lined pants.  No armor but they are heavy and keep the engine heat out.  The legs also "zip-off" into a pair of shorts.  They look like khakis so I can wear them and not look like I just stepped off the track.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 07:03:12 AM »
I have the Joe Rocket Alter Ego 2 pants and I give em a  :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline S.Ga.Rider

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 07:04:44 AM »
I have n aerostitch roadcrafter 2 piece but it is too hot to wear it now in south georgia. I usually wear my joe rocket mesh jacket with blue jeans.

Offline RedBombardier

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 07:49:49 AM »
With 500 denier "Hypertex"... ie... nylon... make sure and wear something under them, other than just undies... if you hit pavement and slide, they can melt, if not worse... and if you don't have anything under them, you see where the melting will stick.  :o

Or worse yet, serious road rash.  If I plan on crashing I ALWAYS wear leather.
Chris from the Big "D"
COG# 9361
AMA# 672853 Life
2009 Candy Diamond Red C14, Guhl. Delkevic

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 04:30:54 PM »
Rev'IT, or Guess jeans
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline graham downunder

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 06:34:06 AM »
I've gone away from textile pants and back to vented leather ,better crash protection, cooler in the heat . On cold days or long trips I simply put pullover motorcycle plastic waterproof pants ( about $ 20 ) over the leathers BEFORE I put the leathers on . This has some great advantages  as they are easy to clean simple throw the plastic pullover pants in the washing machine ,the leathers remain clean .The plastic keeps out a lot of the cold ,if its real cold you can wear thermals underneath.  If it rains you get much better weather protection  than textile pants , textile waterproof liners quite often tear after a bit of use ,so what do you do? they nearly alway leak around the crutch area . Plastic pullovers you simple throw away and replace for $20 .
I got my new leather pamts for $300 .

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 08:37:45 AM »
Hey guys,

there was an interesting thread on the previous forum before it crashed. I m about to get my first real pair of bike pants. There s stuff out there from 100 to 300$.

Just cant make a decision :o

I m lookin for textile vented since i already have a pair for colder weather (winteck  product)

I found those but not sure yet. Price seems realley good.

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/last_chance_bargains/first_gear/mesh_tex_2_mesh_motorcycle_pants.html

I bought a pair of these last month and I love them. Very comfortable to wear no binding. Of course being mesh they are cool as long as you are moving. They are black however so when I'm stopped and there is no breeze they do get warm. Since I can wear shorts at work I will put these on over them for my commute. If I'm going to ride all day then I don't wear the shorts. Hopefully I never have to test them & discover what a nylon burn looks and feels like. I do feel the heat from my 09 connie but it is not too intolerable. I guess the most irratating aspect is that since the liner is nylon when you do sweat it gets kinda sticky. A couple of miles at 60 mph usually clear that up. I am however getting a pair of these http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/40/34758/CITEM/Shift-Racing-Torque-Jeans-Closeouts.aspx  to try out. There is no armor but sometimes the heat & humidity down here in Houston can make synthetics just unbearable. Never know till you try I guess.
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline Rawman

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 02:48:09 PM »
Standard Levis (or other) blue jeans are a false sense of protection.  They have no abrasive protection at all, they are just cotton.  I know, I have been down twice with blue jeans on.  You would figure I would learn after the first time.  I had a leather riding jacket and blue jeans with boots.  My knees and legs were TORE UP!  The second time I had my Joe Rocket jacket, pants and scorpion helmet IN THE SADDLEBAGS (read ATTGATT).  Wearing a t-shirt and blue jeans, went down at about 15 mph and road rash everywhere, the worse was on my knees where the pavement zipped right through the jeans.
2009 Non-ABS
VStream, PR2s, AreaP Full Exhaust, Carbon Can, PC-V, BMC Air Filter, 151 Dyno'd RWhp.
'04 Honda VTX-1300C, '01 Kawasaki ZRX-1200R, '87 Yamaha VMax, '79 Kawasaki K-1000 LTD, '77 Kawasaki KZ-1000,'80 Suzuki GS-550L

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 02:57:54 PM »
That's why I figured I'd give the kevlar reinforced jeans a try. Even though there is no armor at least it will keep the road rash down. Or so theory states... The way I see it the more comfortable & convenient an item is the more likely I'll use it.  8)
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2011, 02:59:57 PM »
guess brand or any high end designer jeans, but don't exclude sperry topsiders if you go that route...

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 03:02:11 PM »
guess brand or any high end designer jeans, but don't exclude sperry topsiders if you go that route...

Oh good, thanks Steve. I haven't seen that pic yet today. I feel better now.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 03:05:17 PM »
Am I the only one who envisions a pair of pants touring around the US after reading this thread title?

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2011, 03:05:46 PM »
Am I the only one who envisions a pair of pants touring around the US after reading this thread title?

Brian

Yes

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 03:06:17 PM »
That is the worst picture of one of your wimminz that have ever posted, at least in my opinion.

;)

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com