Author Topic: a smoker under the tree for Christmas?? RG500  (Read 9467 times)

Offline rcannon409

Re: a smoker under the tree for Christmas?? RG500
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 05:55:27 PM »
Here is one for 24k that does not look much better than yours.  http://raresportbikesforsale.com/  Was sellign for 39k...

I dont know who Walter Wolf is, but man....I cannot see myself paying 39k for the Walter Cronkite edition.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2011, 06:46:52 PM »
Well the seller pulled the carbs and cleaned them out, put them back on and it fired right up. I just got back home from hearing it run, I made him a cash offer of $12k tonight and he declined, said he would come down $500 but that's it... At $15k even not sure I can justify doing it...  :-\

Time to ponder...  :'(

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2011, 08:38:57 PM »
Talking out loud, rather than giving advice:

If you're taking care of your obligations, and it doesn't cause your loved ones undue stress or concern, buying a "dream toy" now and then may not be a bad thing.  Especially one that has the "potential" for appreciation.

My "motorcyle money" has been going lately to filling up the garage with old, cheap, orphaned bikes, and each has been a pleasure in its own way.  You could do the same thing in one fell swoop, and it won't take up as much space.  :)  As for me, the RG500 is "cool", and I pretty much like all motorcycles, but it doesn't do anything for me.  In my case, since I don't "like" two-strokes, it would be as an investment or nothing.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2011, 10:38:27 PM »
Here is one for 24k that does not look much better than yours.  http://raresportbikesforsale.com/  Was sellign for 39k...

I dont know who Walter Wolf is, but man....I cannot see myself paying 39k for the Walter Cronkite edition.

RC,
If you go to the previous page on rsbfs you'll see the one that I'm looking at and made an offer on tonight. It is litteraly located within a mile of my house, which make it's a much easier transaction for me and a little more piece of mind seeing, touching, and hearing it in person. Unfortunatley the seller appears to not want to budge much on his $15.5 price, I was hoping for at least a counter offer of $13k, but no dice...  :(

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2011, 07:19:34 AM »
Wow!  So these really are that rare.   Amazing.   

I did not notice as I was busy doign math from five years ago.  Wishing I would have bought six of these 500cc two-stroke race replicas instead of investing in a 401k, or house.